Contribute
Register

EB OS read error: Media Error- H61M-HD2/i3 3220/9800GT (Picture inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zalman ZM-T2 Budget Build, i3 3220, 8GB Kingston RAM, 1TB WD HDD, 9800GT, H61M-HD2
CPU
Core i3 3220
Graphics
PNY 9800GT 512MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
EBIOS read error: Media Error- H61M-HD2/i3 3220/9800GT (Picture inside)

Hi everyone,

Finished setting up my new Hackintosh last week, but today when trying to access a file- the computer crashed. When booting back up I recieved this error before eventually entering Chameleon:

Bios Error?.jpg

(The hatched background is from the LoginToLion Chameleon theme- not the OSX Login)

I've taken a look online, but I haven't been able find anything helpful to try, as I can't seem to boot into OSX even using '-x'. After this screen, Chameleon comes up, with the usual boot options- but pressing enter on Macintosh HD, just causes the same loop, and I end up back at Chameleon. Not sure what else to try! I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Spec is:
Core i3 3220
8GB Kingston ValueRAM, clocked at 1600mhz
Gigabye GA-H61M-HD2
PNY 9800GT 512MB
1TB Western Digital Green Drive
Xigmatek 400W Bronze PSU
Zalman ZM-T2 Case

Any advice or suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Photo didn't upload properly:

EBios Error.jpg

Any suggestions???

EBIOS read error: Media Error- H61M-HD2/i3 3220/9800GT (SOLVED?)

For future reference, in a desperate effort to diagnose the issue- I took out the graphics card, and attempted to boot with the integrated HD2500 graphics. On restarting, I got no EBIOS read error- and the computer went on to the Apple Logo. I've now replaced the 9800GT with a GT210- discarded NVEnabler, Added GraphicsEnabler=No to the boot.plist and the problem appears to be gone now!

Again, I hope this helps someone in future.

man help me here i got icore3 3220 processor and ga-h61m-hd2 motherboard first of all my keyboard and mouse works after the 5 mins on setup screen and then after the complete installation my computer just stuck at the apple logo i have 4gb of hyperx 1333mhz ram and 500 gb of wd hard drive and my bios version is f2 this is my first build and i have no idea what to do and how to fix all these problems i dont have any graphic card is there anyway i can use the integrated graphic card ??? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back