Contribute
Register

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] on Big Sur Update

Attached is your EFI folder updated to OpenCore 0.8.3. Please use OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 and set it to OpenCore 0.8.3 Release Version, then copy serial numbers from old config.plist into new config.plist:

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 12.51.33 PM.png

In this version, SecureBootModel is Disabled. It can always be changed.

Attachments

• EFI-louierh70-083.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 39
Hello @CaseySJ

Oh wow, thank you so much for updating my EFI!

I followed your advice and booted in verbose mode, both with SecureBootModel Default and Disabled and it shows the same error.

I will try the updated EFI.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• BF1F0176-1B97-47CD-A240-A7C13835CE70.jpeg
    BF1F0176-1B97-47CD-A240-A7C13835CE70.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 25
Hello @CaseySJ

Oh wow, thank you so much for updating my EFI!

I followed your advice and booted in verbose mode, both with SecureBootModel Default and Disabled and it shows the same error.

I will try the updated EFI.

Thank you so much!
The screenshot shows a kernel panic (system crash), which may be due to a third-party driver that works in Big Sur, but not in Monterey. Let's check it like this:
  • Boot into Big Sur
  • Open Terminal window
  • Type this line:
Bash:
cd /Library/Extensions
ls -l
cd /Library/StagedExtensions
ls -l
cd /Library/StagedDriverExtensions
ls -l
  • Copy the output and post it (or post a screenshot of Terminal window)

The screenshot shows a kernel panic (system crash), which may be due to a third-party driver that works in Big Sur, but not in Monterey. Let's check it like this:
  • Boot into Big Sur
  • Open Terminal window
  • Type this line:
Bash:
cd /Library/Extensions
ls -l
cd /Library/StagedExtensions
ls -l
cd /Library/StagedDriverExtensions
ls -l
  • Copy the output and post it (or post a screenshot of Terminal window)
Hello @CaseySJ

I updated to Opencore 0.8.3 and tried SecureBootModel Default and Disabled and still the same problem.

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 00.00.45.png

Hello @CaseySJ

I updated to Opencore 0.8.3 and tried SecureBootModel Default and Disabled and still the same problem.

Here is the screenshot you requested.

Thank you.

View attachment 553616
Okay, now we have two options:

Option 1: Start the Monterey upgrade again (from Big Sur) with OpenCore 0.8.3.

Option 2: Resume the current Monterey upgrade, but do so in the following manner:
  • At OpenCore boot picker, press and release CMD-V for verbose logs
  • Open the Camera app on your smart phone and set it to Video
  • Begin recording video of the computer screen
  • Select the Macintosh HD icon in OpenCore picker and keep recording until the system crashes
  • Then stop recording
  • Now scrub the video to the second-to-last frame -- or the frame even before that (3rd from the end)
  • We should now see what was happening just before the kernel panic started
  • Grab a screenshot (if using iPhone, press the Side Button and Volume-Up button simultaneously) and post

Option 2: Resume the current Monterey upgrade, but do so in the following manner:
  • Select the Macintosh HD icon in OpenCore picker and keep recording until the system crashes
  • Then stop recording
  • Now scrub the video to the second-to-last frame -- or the frame even before that (3rd from the end)
  • Grab a screenshot (if using iPhone, press the Side Button and Volume-Up button simultaneously) and post

Thank you.

I already tried Option #1 and still got the same problem. Will work on Option 2 now and will post screenshots.

• Then stop recording
Hello @CaseySJ

I tried many times to record a video but unfortunately, I cannot get one with a decent screenshot because the font size of the log is quite small. I've tried changing the screen aspect ratio of my monitor (I'm using a 32in LG monitor) but it still appears very small. Is there a way to increase the font of the display when verbose logging is on?

I will try using a real camera and see if I can get a clearer resolution.

Thanks!

Hello @CaseySJ

I tried many times to record a video but unfortunately, I cannot get one with a decent screenshot because the font size of the log is quite small. I've tried changing the screen aspect ratio of my monitor (I'm using a 32in LG monitor) but it still appears very small. Is there a way to increase the font of the display when verbose logging is on?

I will try using a real camera and see if I can get a clearer resolution.

Thanks!
Because you have a Vega GPU, is agdpmod=pikera removed from boot arguments in NVRAM section of config.plist?

Also try disabling NVMeFix.kext from Kernel section.

And check whether BluetoolFixup.kext is enabled.

Because you have a Vega GPU, is agdpmod=pikera removed from boot arguments in NVRAM section of config.plist?

Also try disabling NVMeFix.kext from Kernel section.

And check whether BluetoolFixup.kext is enabled.
Hello @CaseySJ

I don't have agdpmod=pikera in my boot arguments.
I disabled NVMeFix.kext
I don't have BluetoolFixup.kext. Should I install it?

Will reboot and report back.

Thank you!

Back