Contribute
Register

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] on Big Sur Update

Hello @CaseySJ

Here are the screenshots that you requested. Thank you!
Please try attached EFI folder, but copy serial numbers into config.plist before use. This version uses LucyRTL8125Ethernet instead of RealtekRTL8111. It also disables NVMeFix.

What is the make/model of your NVMe SSD?

Also, have you created a USB port map for this board?

Attachments

• EFI-louierh70-083.zip
    6 MB · Views: 39
Please try attached EFI folder, but copy serial numbers into config.plist before use. This version uses LucyRTL8125Ethernet instead of RealtekRTL8111. It also disables NVMeFix.

What is the make/model of your NVMe SSD?

Also, have you created a USB port map for this board?
Hello @CaseySJ

I tried the new EFI and still the same problem and error message. I also removed the patch for the Aquantia 10G card that I use just in case it's causing the problem, but still the same.

In fact, before using the new EFI, I disabled RealtekRTL8111 because I don't use the on-board ethernet, but still the same error.

I am using Crucial P1 500GB SSD.

And no, I actually haven't created a USB port map.

Thank you for your help.

There's a kernel panic occurring in Apple's NVMe driver.

Do you have a different SSD that you can use temporarily? For example, a cheap 128GB SATA SSD? If so, we can download the full macOS installer, burn it to a USB flash disk, and perform a clean install on the spare SSD.

Refer to STEP 1 and STEP 2 of this guide:

There's a kernel panic occurring in Apple's NVMe driver.

Do you have a different SSD that you can use temporarily? For example, a cheap 128GB SATA SSD? If so, we can download the full macOS installer, burn it to a USB flash disk, and perform a clean install on the spare SSD.

Refer to STEP 1 and STEP 2 of this guide:
Thanks @CaseySJ !

Currently, I only have Crucial SSDs and one from Sabrent. I’ll buy another one for testing and report back.

Hello @CaseySJ

So, it took me a long time to follow up on this matter. However, my recent experience in upgrading my Z490 Vision D from Catalina to Ventura prodded me to get back to this matter and attempt an upgrade.

As you last advised, I should try a different SSD. I got a Lexar PCIE SSD and a Crucial SATA SSD for testing. I also upgraded my opencore to 0.9.1.

OC 0.9.1 works with my Catalina system so I simply copied the EFI folder to the USB installation disk that I am using to create a fresh install of Ventura.

With the Lexar PCIE SSD and Crucial SATA SSD, immediately after booting, I am stuck at this point in the screenshot. I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4752.jpg
    IMG_4752.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
Hello @CaseySJ

So, it took me a long time to follow up on this matter. However, my recent experience in upgrading my Z490 Vision D from Catalina to Ventura prodded me to get back to this matter and attempt an upgrade.

As you last advised, I should try a different SSD. I got a Lexar PCIE SSD and a Crucial SATA SSD for testing. I also upgraded my opencore to 0.9.1.

OC 0.9.1 works with my Catalina system so I simply copied the EFI folder to the USB installation disk that I am using to create a fresh install of Ventura.

With the Lexar PCIE SSD and Crucial SATA SSD, immediately after booting, I am stuck at this point in the screenshot. I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you!
It looks like you may be using AMD kernel patches. Are you installing Ventura on an AMD Ryzen system?

It looks like you may be using AMD kernel patches. Are you installing Ventura on an AMD Ryzen system?
@CaseySJ

Yes, I am. Sorry, here are my system specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, Gigabyte X570 Gaming X, and a Vega 56.

Last year, you helped me upgrade my OC from 0.6.3 to 0.8.3 and I was able to update my Catalina system. I attempted to upgrade to Big Sur but failed because there was a kernel panic in the NVME driver.

The Catalina system was running flawlessly with the OC 0.8.3 that you created. I upgraded that to 0.9.1 for the clean install of Ventura.

@CaseySJ

Yes, I am. Sorry, here are my system specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, Gigabyte X570 Gaming X, and a Vega 56.

Last year, you helped me upgrade my OC from 0.6.3 to 0.8.3 and I was able to update my Catalina system. I attempted to upgrade to Big Sur but failed because there was a kernel panic in the NVME driver.

The Catalina system was running flawlessly with the OC 0.8.3 that you created. I upgraded that to 0.9.1 for the clean install of Ventura.
Let’s have a look at your config.plist -> Kernel -> Patch section in OpenCore Configurator.

@CaseySJ thank you. Attached is the Kernel -> Patch as a screenshot.
With Ventura 13.3 the AMD-OSX kernel patches were updated. The new patches are required and are available from here:

We need to delete all of the existing kernel patches and replace them with the new ones. Then we need to modify the first 4 of the new patches by specifying the number of physical cores, which is 08 for the Ryzen 7 3700X.

OpenCore Configurator can auto-import the new patches. Just go to Kernel -> Patch and right-click. Then select the option to import patches and specify the location of the patches.plist file.

That last patch (Aquantia) should also be deleted. If you have a 10GbE Aquantia card, just let me know.

Back