Contribute
Register

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] on Big Sur Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

In fact, most of the log messages are from com.apple.xpc.launchd and not locationd

Launch daemon is trying to start location daemon over and over again presumably because location daemon is not responding properly.

IMG_4758.jpeg

Launch daemon is trying to start location daemon over and over again presumably because location daemon is not responding properly.

View attachment 565877

@CaseySJ thank you for all your help.

I tried creating a Big Sur installer with the OC 0.8.3 that is currently working on my system and the installer worked. I was able to install Big Sur.

But when I tried exactly the same except this time with a Monterey installer, the problem with locationd started to appear.

I guess I'm stuck with Big Sur on this system.

@CaseySJ thank you for all your help.

I tried creating a Big Sur installer with the OC 0.8.3 that is currently working on my system and the installer worked. I was able to install Big Sur.
So the 0.8.3 EFI folder cannot install Monterey?

But when I tried exactly the same except this time with a Monterey installer, the problem with locationd started to appear.

I guess I'm stuck with Big Sur on this system.
Does the new OC 0.9.X EFI folder also allow Big Sur to install?

@CaseySJ

The installer starts but it continues on and on exactly like when using 0.9.1 EFI. So yes, it cannot install Monterey.

I haven't tried this yet. I will do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back