Contribute
Register

Easy Yosemite Clover USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed Yosemite on z77mx d3h. all works except internet... :( help me please, when I go to preferences -> network, then I see "the cable is unplugged...." but my cable is ok.

Hello,
I have been attempting to install the Yosemite release with the latest version of Clover. I'm attempting on an XPS 12 (9Q33) device with a swapped out bcm94352z card. Here's a screenshot of a kernel panic I'm getting in the AirportBrcm43224 driver. Any thoughts as to what next things to try would be? I've tried using kext-dev-mode=1, -s, and -v and nothing seems to have helped so far.

IMG_0064.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 186
I have been trying in vain for an entire week with UniBeast and MultiBeast, installing and reinstalling, tweaking any and all UEFI settings inside and outside the recommended settings, for my newly built customac mini deluxe, built to spec from the guide, with just a different case and PSU, trying to resolve the fact that it just straight up won't load HD 4600 kexts, and my graphics memory is capped at 3-7M depending on boot. I've spent yesterday and today trying the Yosemite updates to UB and MB hoping that it would solve whatever the problem is. It didn't. I am just about ready to give up and try out Clover. Thing is, I'm such a noob to this that the learning curve is throwing me off. Anybody got any motivating words to help push me through the clover-door?

I have a strange problem. I followed al the steps, i formatted the USB drive, did the terminal process to copy the install files and then installed Clover to the USB, but when i restart and choose the USB as boot device it shows me Chimera boot loader, how is that possible?

Bye
Nico

I discovered what I was doing wrong and I am now able to boot from the USB. It did not give me the option "without injected kext" so I went ahead and selected Install Yosemite but I cannot reach the installer because of a kernel panic:

image.jpg

I've been using Clover for Mavericks without any problems. Even with some of the early Yosemite Public Betas my Hack just worked fine. However, the official version doesn't. Once the Yosemite installer should come up with the graphic installer screen my monitor just goes into power save mode. I'm sure the OS X installer comes up since the activity led on the USB drive continues to flicker for another 20 seconds or so. Anyone else seeing the same problem?

Nvidia GTX 760 btw. and it happens right after the DMOS has arrived message when it switches from text to graphics mode.

I've been using Clover for Mavericks without any problems. Even with some of the early Yosemite Public Betas my Hack just worked fine. However, the official version doesn't. Once the Yosemite installer should come up with the graphic installer screen my monitor just goes into power save mode. I'm sure the OS X installer comes up since the activity led on the USB drive continues to flicker for another 20 seconds or so. Anyone else seeing the same problem?

Nvidia GTX 760 btw. and it happens right after the DMOS has arrived message when it switches from text to graphics mode.

Same here, on a budget GT520 card.

nv_disable=1

That flag got me to the installer.

thank you,,, the installation was a bit tricky in terms of sound,, but in the end I managed to set it up.
For sound,, there any way to install directly into S / L / E because It have not worked for me without the patch of Clover Configurator. I edited my DSDT and from Leon to Mavericks had me worked very well.

Thank you

GAZ68XP-UD4
Intel Core I5 2500
DDR3 OZX 8 GB
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back