Contribute
Register

Easy way to create Lion "Recovery HD" partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
bwhinnen said:
Non standard partitioning? I.e. more than just OS X on the disk?

It seems this error occurs when there is another partition on the disk that wasn't created via bootcamp...

More info here.
nope....just os x standard old partition. nuttin' special or secret.

Go to info and focus on step 3.

I am going to try it as well. But not soon. According to feedback from this forum, this method works.....

MuTz777

Im brand new to hackintosh and in fact trying to learn mac period. I was trying to create a recoveryHD partition per several posts i read (Derflounder and info listed above) and thought i semi succeeded. It exists but i am reading its worthless. I have a Customac Mini with h61n-usb3. Two hdd. One with just lion (spare partition to use as data or other os). The other is my existing win 7 (system reserved partition removed) with VMWare Player 8 running a virtual machine of Lion installed from my Apple Store Thumb Drive. If it helps anyone it installed a working copy of recoveryHD on its own. I have booted its disk utility though i havent used its reinstall function yet. So while every post i read says it wont work on a non mac maybe this will help the gurus at your site to find a way outside of VMWare or a real Mac

MuTz777 said:
Go to info and focus on step 3.

I am going to try it as well. But not soon. According to feedback from this forum, this method works.....

MuTz777

It was worth a try, but I'm not able to install the Lion Recovery Update via the GUI/pkg... I also get the "error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package."

The link on "Der Flounder" DID allow me to install the partition via Terminal, but I don't know what I'm doing there... It's hard for me to figure out what to do next, or to test the integrity of this method. I'm a bit lost.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-02 at 2.44.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-02 at 2.44.37 PM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back