Contribute
Register

Easy, Repeatable Dell 8700 Clover Install Guide (Yosemite OS X 10.10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this guide, it has been very helpful. Everything works great except for when I change to uefi. It seems to boot normally, but gets stuck after "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" which - from what I've read - means a gpu problem.

My gpu is a GTX 750ti, which works great when booting in legacy mode. I had to install the nvidia web drivers to get it working, but it works 100%. I've always have nvda_drv=1, but I've tried it without that, with nv_disable=1, graphicsenabler=no, and various combinations of the two. Now that I finally have a uefi board I really want to take advantage of it. Any suggestions?

Just wanted to thank you for this thread. Been following the hackintosh community for years, but just booted my first mackintosh with this guide.

Some updates with Dell 8700, Nvidia GT720 discrete graphics, and El Capitan.

1. Use Unibeast UEFI and Multibeast.
2. To get the installer to finish booting from the HD, you must disable nvidia graphics with (nv_disable=1)
3. Next install nvidia graphics web driver
4. You might need to use mac pixel clock patch to get the right resolution for your monitor if you're using the HDMI cable.
5. Get a new WiFi card for wifi.

hey, just to you dell 8700 owners an update.

I did a fresh install of sierra 10.12.1 and everything is even easier. GeForce 720 graphics drivers are installed by default. no need to install web drivers. also, there's no need for the macpixelclock patch when using hdmi cable.

I gave Unibeast UEFI a try for Sierra (10.12 2), everything went fine, installed well, it boots past verbose mode, and loads halfway through the bar, add gets stuck there.

Never has this one before.

Ps, im on built-in GPU.

Edit: scratch that off, it booted after i pressed reply, which took about 15-20 minutes, pretty much for a brand new SSD.

Hi All,

I have my XPS 8700 running ok with Sierra, but I'm having two major issues with it.

1) When I wake from sleep almost always, my primary monitor will come out of sleep, but will within a few moments turn black again and act disconnected. I have to reboot every time my machine goes to sleep.

2) now and then it seems to freeze up and take a minute or two to recover. Especially if the screen saver ever kicks on.

I think its related to power management and was curious what other's conflig.plist looked like

Thanks.

Don't get to post on here very much but I have recently tried again with my Hackintosh build.

Successful to MacOS Sierra using Clover as boot, set zero to time so I don't see the GUI
Both audio and ethernet work. Sleep, start and shut down work too, however I can only get Legacy Booting but my PC still starts within 15/18 seconds, so can't compain!

Don't need bluetooth, but a dongle/usb will sort that issues out. All USB's work too.

Copied the pList and all the kexts needed in to each folder on the EFI partition, this enables me to run direct updates from the Mac Store. Just done the latest build update to MacOS Seirra, said 28 mins to complete, but it took less then 10!

Another update quickly - After this last update my Bluetooth has been recognised? No going on from what everyone has said, our module doesn't work, I haven't installed any kexts either or even tried. Just connected my Trackpad and Keyboard and they work flawlessly. So anyone running this System, get updated to the latest version and test your Bluetooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back