Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Any chance that anyone saw anything in the package I added that explains why core audio crashes when I try to airplay?

I have HDMI Audio, I have both video cards identified...

The problem follows NVIDIA video cards - if I use my HD6850 I don't have any problem at all with Airplay but that card is dying (I get vector tearing in games)...

Just not sure what else I am missing here and I am completely open to your input.

Thanks,

~Staypuft

Attachments

• Staypuft+HDMI.zip
    509.3 KB · Views: 105
Just not sure what else I am missing here and I am completely open to your input.
The attached IOReg is not from the attached dsdt. DCPIManager/Misc/bdmesg tells you where the dsdt is loading.

The attached IOReg is not from the attached dsdt. DCPIManager/Misc/bdmesg tells you where the dsdt is loading.

Ok - So here is the IOREG from how I am sitting @ the moment. Same scenario as described previously - I am able to boot without DSDT and have HDMI audio. However no airplay.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• ioreg_noDSDT.iore.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 147
Ok - So here is the IOREG from how I am sitting @ the moment. Same scenario as described previously - I am able to boot without DSDT and have HDMI audio. However no airplay.
Same, are you using a HDMI audio ssdt?

There is likely a DP port instead of 2 HDMI on your 670. DVI display will never show as HDMI. The receiver is showing as DVI. Need an HDMI display device.

Hi Toleda,
Thank you for reming me to check the ports on my GTX670. I found it has some problems to output the HDMI audio even in win7.
After i changed it with a GTX680, the HDMI port works!! Thank you for your contribution to the HDMI audio!

Same, are you using a HDMI audio ssdt?

This is why you are a genius Toleda ;)

I am in-fact using your SSDT-1.aml file which appears to enabling the HDMI audio. Attached here are the SSDT files I am using.

I made a discovery today - although I am able to see QE/QI features like menu transparency and screensavers (As well as WoW playing) video is causing a full system lockup in-browser and out of browser (including youtube).

I will try to remove the SSDT and leave the DSDT and see what I get.

Let me know if you have more ideas...

View attachment StaypuftSSDT.zip

Thanks!

Hi Ive just started on the guide and hitting some errors on compiling after Point 2 under the ML UEFI HDMI audio dsdt edits
2. Optional: Fixes some Compiler Warnings and Messages2a. Patch/MaciASL/Patch/toleda_hdmi_uefi/
2b. Select UEFI-Clean Compile
2c. Apply/Close/Compile]
2d. If errors (warnings and messages OK), see Troubleshooting/4

When i compile i get this error. (ive searched the web but cannot find a similar instance of this exact error).
Line 11350 Code 1099 Message Unknown reserved name (_WDG)

See attached screen shot.
Screen Shot 2013-11-19 at 13.43.32.jpg

4a. Motherboard/BIOS version/processor/graphics/OS and version
Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH/F10/3770K/ML 10.8.4
4b. Procedure/Guide Used
As stated above
4c. dsdt/native (.dsl)
Attached
4d. dsdt/edited (.dsl)
As yet unedited due to compile error stated above
4e. copy of IOReg
Attached