Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROGRESS!

Now HD 3000 detected in System Information. But showing 512Mb and I have 64Mb in Bios, if I change to 512Mb in the Bios, got Kernel Panic.

HDMI Audio on HD 3000 and GTX650 works.

Now HD 3000 detected in System Information. But showing 512Mb and I have 64Mb in Bios, if I change to 512Mb in the Bios, got Kernel Panic.
Don't touch the BIOS setting. OS X decides on the amount of graphics memory based on the amount of RAM on the motherboard (i.e., 8 GB or more = HD3000/512 M graphics).

Hi Toleda
This new guide seems much easier than anything before.
I have a GA-B75M-D3H with a i5 3350P.
This chip does not have HD video.
I do have a GT 640 from Galaxy.
Will this CPU even work for HDMI ?

It does work,I should use first patch right ?

I did a search on 3350P but page numbers do not line up with posts.
The threads were quite long with many participants.
They predate your new method anyway.

Since the 3350P does not have video,airplay of any kind will not work ?

Will this CPU even work for HDMI ?

It does work,I should use first patch right ?

Since the 3350P does not have video,airplay of any kind will not work ?
GT 640 HDMI audio will work. Yes. Airplay will not work.

I'm having some issue getting this working. Not sure if it's related to my HD4000 / GTX 670 combination or something else.

System config:

i3770k w/ ga-z77x-ud5h
GTX 670
HD 4000 enabled
set to boot using PEG
10.8.4 / MultiBeast 5.4.3 / Chimera 2.2 (I installed with no DSDT and have been upgrading kexts along the way with MB.)

I followed this guide exactly with the exception of using pjalm's repos.
I removed the HDAEnabler1.kext and rebuilt the cache. Fixed permissions.
DSDT is in the Extra directory. No compilation errors after any of the patches.

I tried these steps, but get a KP.

1. Gigabyte repo: Z77X-UD5H
2. Graphics repo: Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/Nvidia)
3. Graphics repo: HD4000

If I do only steps 1 and 2 the system boots, but no audio. System boots w/no DSDT and audio worked out of the back ports with HDAEnabler.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I would attach the IOReg and DSDT files, but am unsure at which point to capture them.

At what stage should I do the IOReg? And which versions of the DSDT files should I attach?

Thanks in advance.

Not trying to add to the problem, but do you know if the new flags for chimera 2.2 help this issue?

"IPGEnabler" = "Yes"
"IPPlatformID" = "
0166000A
" (I believe this is an optional key.)

I have read through thread you linked, and will hold off making any changes until I get feedback on the DSDT and IOReg.

I will be linking the IOReg and edited DSDT files shortly.

Thanks.

Not trying to add to the problem, but do you know if the new flags for chimera 2.2 help this issue?
No. Follow the steps in the guide. When you add your own steps, things stop working.

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 6.20.06 PM.png

Got it working. IGPX was not set to initialize first.

Thank you for your help troubleshooting. I wouldn't have gotten this to work without all of your guide threads.

Clean DSDT/AIO patch/Generic Discrete Graphics patch. That's all.

Just for giggles I tried adding the IGPEnabler = Yes to the boot plist. Airplay works and system booted to GTX 670 single display.

Now I just need to get the SSDT stuff working and I'm golden. I will read that thread. I did notice that I only have 2 P states 15,35. I'm assuming that has something to do with IMac 13,2 being a desktop?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back