Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am having compile errors that I would like some help with. I have been involved with hackintoshing for a long time, but I am lousy with DSDT's.

I have a media center that I am trying to modify for HDMI audio. The motherboard is Asrock H61M-ITX, BIOS version 1.70, with i3-2100 processor and the discrete graphics card is GeForce 210. No HD3000/4000. OSX is 10.8.4. AppleHDA.kext is stock 10.8.4.

Using instructions from post #1 of this thread and using MaciASL with toleda's patches, I am having compile errors as follows:

UEFI-Clean Compile -- compiles OK​
Desktop-AMD/Nvidia A1 -- compile errors​

The errors are shown in the picture below. I am asking for a clue as to how to fix the compile errors.

Attached are:

maciasl-errors.jpg -- the compile errors
dsdt-no patches.dsl -- native DSDT with no patches
dsdt-compile errors.dsl -- DSDT with the above patches
Mac-ioreg.ioreg -- the ioreg file from IORegistryExplorer

Thank you.

maciasl-errors.jpg

Attachments

• rlf-files.zip
    388.4 KB · Views: 100
I have a media center that I am trying to modify for HDMI audio. The motherboard is Asrock H61M-ITX, BIOS version 1.70, with i3-2100 processor and the discrete graphics card is GeForce 210. No HD3000/4000. OSX is 10.8.4. AppleHDA.kext is stock 10.8.4.

Using instructions from post #1 of this thread and using MaciASL with toleda's patches, I am having compile errors as follows:

UEFI-Clean Compile -- compiles OK​
Desktop-AMD/Nvidia A1 -- compile errors​
dsdt-no patches is the same as dsdt-compile errors.
Wrong patch: Desktop-AMD/Nvidia A1 is for 7 series UEFI, try HD3000/AMI-BIOS-HD30000-6 Series. Even if the processor does not support HD3000, the dsdt does. Start over with the native dsdt.
Most important consideration, it is unlikely the GT 210 will make HDMI audio in OS X.

Thanks for the response.

dsdt-no patches is the same as dsdt-compile errors.
Sorry! I hate when that happens.

Wrong patch: Desktop-AMD/Nvidia A1 is for 7 series UEFI, try HD3000/AMI-BIOS-HD30000-6 Series. Even if the processor does not support HD3000, the dsdt does. Start over with the native dsdt.
Found the patch. Unfortunately, different errors but more compile errors.

I tried with PJALM's 6-series graphic patch and it didn't give the compile errors, but no HDMI audio output either.

Most important consideration, it is unlikely the GT 210 will make HDMI audio in OS X.
Disappointing. Guess I'll just have to keep the extra audio cable and use onboard audio.

Attachments

• rlf-files-2.zip
    396.9 KB · Views: 79
Sorry, here you go.
The dsdt is not the native dsdt. It has been edited for HDMI audio and can be used without additional HDMI audio edits. For ML onboard audio, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

The dsdt is not the native dsdt. It has been edited for HDMI audio and can be used without additional HDMI audio edits. For ML onboard audio, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.
Thank you.

Hello Toleda

I have a doubt, recently i could get the AppleHDA.kext 2.3.1 modified for works on VIA VT2020 chipset audio in conjunction with a patch for the DSDT .. credits to Nithy http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3041&page=9

No more VoodooHDA

Is possible active the HDMI audio using your guides?

My rig is

i5 2400
GA-H77M-D3H
nVidia GTX 550ti
Mac OS X 10.8.4
System definition iMac 12,2

Greetings

you can run a gigabyte geforce 210?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back