Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks !! Thanks !!

Toleda do you have any suggestion how to step forward to enable IGPU with the upper mentioned settings? I am happy with the results, but it requires igpu off If I turned on in the bios osx won't boot. Right after the apple logo I've got black screen with errors. I will copy the error message soon....

Hi,

I'm trying to get hdmi audio from my hackintosh but I feel like I've tried everything and I got no result so far. First, thanks to everyone who participated to those wonderful guides and please excuse my poor english (I'm french).

So...
My motherboard is a H77-DS3H and I'm on a clean 10.8.3. Everything was working perfectly before with DVI and audio out (without DSDT), but I switched to a LED tv and I'd want it to replace my speakers. HDMI worked OOB, but without sound (I tried with ALC887/888b v100302 and Voodoo 2.7.3 as they were working for me before).

I followed the SSDT guide first but it didn't work so I tried to build a custom DSDT with some patches (PJALM Gigabyte generic series 7/PJALM HD4000/Toleda Desktop-HD4K). Again, no luck. I tried to re-read and re-do the steps of the guides, but I feel like a beginner and I don't really know if my method is correct (how do I check if the DSDT has correctly been loaded at boot?).
I tried to switch my audio drivers too (from Voodoo to ALC887/888b, with and without DSDT), to patch my framebuffer (but my port is 0x7 anyway, so I figured I might just don't do it) and to find some older guides on the forum, but nothing ever shows up as an audio output. My graphic driver never seem to fail tho, it correctly shows my screen as a tv in system profiler.

I don't know what to try anymore, so thanks a lot in advance if you have the solution!

My DSDT seem to be too big for the forum so I'm putting them here:
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/153993/dsdt/DSDT-modif.aml
- https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/153993/dsdt/DSDT-original.dsl (I couldn't export it as an aml as it returns compile errors, not really interesting I guess...)

Attachments

• regex.ioreg
    1.9 MB · Views: 151
My motherboard is a H77-DS3H and I'm on a clean 10.8.3. Everything was working perfectly before with DVI and audio out (without DSDT), but I switched to a LED tv and I'd want it to replace my speakers. HDMI worked OOB, but without sound
Far behind with 10.8.3. AppleHDA.kext cannot be newer than the OS X release to work. First set, get onboard working. Download MultBeast 5.3.1 Downloads/Software/MultiBeat Archive) and select-Drivers & Bootloaders - Drivers - Audio - Realtek ALC8xx - With DSDT √ ALC887 Current. reply with new IOReg.

Well, that was fast, thank you so much, it works! I had to repatch my DSDT but it boots correctly, with all my outputs in sound settings.

Thanks again, if there is somewhere I can donate or something, tell me, I'll gladly do it!

Hi toledo, First of all i want to thank you for your huge effort in the community
specially in Making our Wireless Card working Finally :D

We are Making a new updated Guide for ML in HP Laptops
the problem now is that Sound is not working in ML

i used this guide but it always fail with compiling errors !!
[Guide]-UEFI-hdmi_audio_dsdt_edits_v2.1.pdf

Compiling Errors:
5377, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0.LCDA)
5378, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0.CRTA)
5379, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0.TVAA)
5380, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0.HDTV)
5382, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0)
5401, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0.LCD)
5423, 4065, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^^P0P2.GFX0.LCD)
9082, 4064, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.P0P2.GFX0)
10162, 4064, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.P0P2.GFX0)
Specs:
Model:*HP Pavilion dv6-2170ee
Bios:*F.1C A
CPU:*Intel Core i7-720QM (SB:pCH Intel Ibex Peak-M PM55, NB:Intel Lynnfield IMC)
GFX card:*GeForce GT 230M 1GB PCI-E*
Sound:*IDT 92HD75B3X5 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - HDA Controller [111D-7603]
Wireless:*Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n [14E4-4353]

The Attached File includes:
DSDT-native.dsl
DSDT-edited.dsl
IOReg-HP-dv6-2170ee-(from 10.9.2).ioreg
codec_dump.txt
lshw.txt

Attachments

• yehia2amer HP-dv6-2170ee.zip
    536.7 KB · Views: 119
the problem now is that Sound is not working in ML
Bad news. This not correct, not close.
No UEFI, 5series AMI; dsdt edits may not work.
Google search for IDT AppleHDA.kext solution.
No idea if GT 230M HDMI audio is supported.
IOReg/GT 230M: P0P2@3
Try the edits, reply with edited dsdt.

5series/AMI-BIOS-AMD-Nvidia-5_Series-A1
Code:
Patch edit file
Find (2nd instance)
# 1. Remove PEGP device - if present
Replace
# 1. Remove PEGP device - if present
into device label PEGP remove_entry;
into scope label _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP remove_entry;
into_all all code_regex Notify\s\(\\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP,\s0x.*\) removeall_matched;

Find:
0x00010000
Replace:
0x00030000

Find:
P0P1
Replace:
P0P2

!6 Patches, 109 Changes
Apply

Z77N-Wifi/F2/i5 3570k/HD4000/OSX 10.8.2

Used DSDT file from tonymacx86 DSDT downloads for my (Z77N-Wifi) motherboard. Ran MultiBeast 5.5.5 with DSDT/ALC892 Codec, no HDMI/onboard audio.

Used your patches to modify DSDT file using MaciASL. Same process with MultiBeast, no HDMI/onboard audio.

Went through your TS steps, found PEGP@1, GFX0@0, no HDAU, HDEF@1B, no IGPU.

I've tried a couple variations of the above methods with no results, and I've poured over several comment threads to investigate any boneheaded mistakes. Am I missing a step or something?

Attached is my IOReg and current (non-audio) DSDT.

View attachment DSDT.aml
View attachment Hackintosh’s Mac Pro.ioreg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back