Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
OsX gives no audio devices at all.
Don't know why GFX0 is showing instead of IGPU. AppleHDA.kext did not load. What version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext? Do you have npci=0x3000 in Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist?

I took the AppleHDA from my (genuine) MacbookPro 10.5.8 version 2.4.7fc2
When i add npci=0x3000 in Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist my ethernet doesn't work anymore (nor audio) :crazy: When i add npci=0x2000 AppleHDA works, but still no HDMI sound (only Airplay receiver as audio device)

Edit: started again, (clean DSDT, DSDT=null at boot) Removed AppleHDA.kext and run kext utility to clean up. Installed new AppleHDA.kext from a friends macbook with i7 (got a core2duo mpb myself). Installed PJALM H77M-Dh3 patch + HD4000 patch. No succes.
Started all over again.
Installed instead of PJALM patches the Desktop HD4K patch. Still no succes. The only thing i can think off where it goes wrong is the audio ID? How to check and how to edit?

Installed instead of PJALM patches the Desktop HD4K patch. Still no succes. The only thing i can think off where it goes wrong is the audio ID? How to check and how to edit?
No attachments, no ideas.

Procedure as explained in my previous post:
(clean DSDT, DSDT=null at boot) Removed AppleHDA.kext and run kext utility to clean up. Installed new AppleHDA.kext from a friends macbook with i7 (got a core2duo mpb myself). Installed PJALM H77M-Dh3 patch + HD4000 patch. No succes.

The files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i1gejkuff70zpxo/M-caoQA0Pf

Thanks!

Clean DSDT, patch. Still no success.
dsdt edits look correct. dsdt is not installed properly. IOReg does not show any edits.
AppleHDA.kext looks correct. It is disabled. HD Audio enabled in the BIOS?

UEFI HDMI Audio

Hi,
First of all I have tried pretty much everything I can think of and read countless forum posts to have hdmi audio working but had no success(tried different applehda kexts, different dsdts, bootloaders and combinations of these). I have MSI Z77a-g43 mainboard and HD4000. My system runs pretty stable. The dsdt attached to this post includes ami-hd4000 7 series a3 fix and clean compile.
Thanks

Attachments

• hdmi.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back