Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] HD4600 hdmi audio for Gigabyte Series 8 with Clover-EFI booting and integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rudolf,

This looks like you are applying patches to an already modified DSDT. You'd have to remove an dsdt.aml files that get loaded at boot-up and run MaciASL on a clean one take from the bios.

If that doesn't work, then you better check with the experts at Toleda's threads !

Hello joncas,

I have no DSDT.aml to load when clover boots.
As far as I understand, MaciASL loads the DSDT from the BIOS, if you do not tell something different.

I already discussed the missing codec number problem with toleda, but he does not know how to solve the problem.

So, my last hope was to patch the DSDT.

Best regards, Rudolf

I have no DSDT.aml to load when clover boots.
As far as I understand, MaciASL loads the DSDT from the BIOS, if you do not tell something different.
So, my last hope was to patch the DSDT.
I don't think MaciASL knows whether it is getting the clean DSDT from Bios or one that's already patched.

You could check if there are any comments in red when you scroll to the very bottom of the DSDT it loads from Bios.

For example on mine, it lists the two patches that were already applied, even when I ask MaciASL to load a new one from bios:

Store ("ami_efi_clean_compile_v1.1 dsdt edits, github.com/toleda", Debug) Store ("uefi2-hdmi_audio-3.txt_v2.0 dsdt edits, github.com/toleda", Debug)

dsdt-from-bios.PNG

Hello joncas,

Thank you very much, that you have so much patience with me.
You are right, at the bottom of the file there are 2 lines:

Store ("ib1-ami_efi_clean_compile_v1.1 dsdt edits, github.com/toleda", Debug)
Store ("has1-dsdt-ami-8_series_hdmi_audio-1_v3.0 dsdt edits, github.com/toleda", Debug)

So, the patches have done their job, and the compiler tells: 0 error, 0 warnings.
Puh, in principle it is so easy, you just have to look.

Now, the next round of testing starts.

With best regards, Rudolf

Thank you joncas (and Toleda)! Once you told me about getting system info for Maciasl all went smoothly. As I already had Yosemite up and running, I followed your guide for an existing build and merged just my SMBIOS and other config setting with Toleda setting. Worked on first try. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I already have a working clover yosemite install with ALC892.
Do I need to remove anything before I begin this process?

Thanks
Len

I already have a working clover yosemite install with ALC892.
Do I need to remove anything before I begin this process?

If you keep a backup of your existing EFI partition, then you should be able to merge your existing SMBIOS section of the clover config with the one in the first post of this thread and get a working setup.

Does this break the rest of the audio outputs? like Line out,Digital output etc..

Does this break the rest of the audio outputs? like Line out,Digital output etc..
That would depend on how you achieved the rest of the audio outputs -- if they depend on some fix like Voodoo audio or a special kext you installed, then probably the two methods don't fit together, but if it came natively it should be no problem. (Make a backup and try!)

[SUP]Im trying now. Im getting over 88 errors. Should i be booting with the boot flag null?
My broad has 892 audio. [/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back