Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So the time has come to build my next Hack and since I edit for a living I decided to focus on this area. I'm obviously going to benefit more from a higher amount of cores so I'm going with the 5820K. I've been looking on the internet for a few days now and I cant find a clear enough build guide or a buyers guide, it seems like very few people are attempting this, but that cant be right, can it? I've been pushed towards an AMD card, a buddy of mine told me that these cards are more suited toward Final Cut Pro, which I will be using. So I'm all set to buy the parts I just need to know what to buy! I have built 3 Hacks in my time so I'm not a stranger, I think I just need a clear and concise guide.

Anything will help, thanks!

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

So far, and until Apple updates the nMP to X99 (if they ever do) there is on support for this chip, just as there was none for the X79. There have been successful builds, just use the board model you are interested in in the forum search box. Be aware there is no sleep/wake and no native power management, but you can add FakeCPUID to Clover to fool it to think you have X79 CPU and use the Mac Pro 6,1 System Definition. There are several guides you can find if you search hard enough.

the official one and then you can search for the guides that match ur same motherboard and processor combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back