Contribute
Register

Easiest way to go from Ivy Bridge > Coffee Lake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT OC 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I built my original and only hack back in 2012. It now looks like this:

High Sierra 10.13.6, i7-3770k, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR3, EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB, Samsung 500gb SSD.

I'm looking to either upgrade this one, or build a new hack based on the following rough spec:

Mojave, i7-9700k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi (or similar), Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4, Sapphire Radeon Vega 56 8gb Pulse, Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2 NVME.

My current hack is still pretty decent, and it functions pretty-much perfect, but i'm starting to get into much more Premiere Pro 4K editing and it's proving to be a struggle (and i'm itching to upgrade :).

How easy would it be to just replace the components 'like-for-like'? I'm happy to create a new build if required, but thought i'd ask the question first.

Many thanks!
Steve.

It would probably be better to build a new Hackintosh than to upgrade your old one. An i7 9700K is much faster than an i7 3770K. DDR4 Ram is much faster than DDR3 Ram. The new Z390 Chipset is a pretty big improvement from the Z77 Chipset. I would recommend you build a new hack instead of upgrading your old one as you have pretty much already maxed out your old one.

@dinz14 - Other than being on 10.12.6 & GTX 1050TI - I am in exactly the same position as you. please LMK how it goes and what you ended up with... TIA!

I do occasional 4k Multicam editing and am finding sometimes the machine is struggling & renders are getting longer as I start adding more color correction and am using log cameras profiles (camera tech is pushing the creative possibilities!)

Hi all, I built my original and only hack back in 2012. It now looks like this:

High Sierra 10.13.6, i7-3770k, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR3, EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB, Samsung 500gb SSD.

I'm looking to either upgrade this one, or build a new hack based on the following rough spec:

Mojave, i7-9700k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi (or similar), Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4, Sapphire Radeon Vega 56 8gb Pulse, Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2 NVME.

My current hack is still pretty decent, and it functions pretty-much perfect, but i'm starting to get into much more Premiere Pro 4K editing and it's proving to be a struggle (and i'm itching to upgrade :).

Hi, I ended-up building a new hack and sold the parts from my old one. All went well!

Now running a Mini-ITX with Aorus z390 I Pro WIFI board, i7-8700 CPU, MSI Vega 56 and 32gb DDR4 2400 RAM.

Good luck with your build!

(must update my build sig :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back