Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have Lion running perfeclty on a SSD with two other 1tb drives, one with media and one blank. Is it possible to install Windows on one tb drive without affecting Lion? If so, what bios setting do i change? can i simply use the same settings as the Lion bios? Thanks in advance :)

mitch_549 said:
I have Lion running perfeclty on a SSD with two other 1tb drives, one with media and one blank. Is it possible to install Windows on one tb drive without affecting Lion? If so, what bios setting do i change? can i simply use the same settings as the Lion bios? Thanks in advance :)
Since you plan to use separate drives for each OS X, is easy.
1. Connect only drive for OS X.
2. Boot to BIOS and set SATA ports to AHCI, power saving mode to S3, enable HPET and set it to 64 bit mode. Save and exit.
3. Install OS X, update it, get it working. Shut down.

Since you already installed OS X, you already did 1-3

4. Disconnect OS X drive. Connect Win7 drive.
5. Install Win7, update it (SP1 can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5842 - one of the last 2 files - you want the -x64 for 64-bit or -x86 for 32-bit) get it working 100%. Shutdown.
6. Reconnect the OS X drive and media drive. Boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in hard drive boot order in BIOS. Save&Exit and continue to boot to Chimera time out screen.

Hit a key to boot Win7, select System Reserved icon and hit enter. If you would rather the boot process stop and let you select which OS to boot, select Instant Menu in MultiBeast to insall.

wow thanks for that awesome response :D is it possible to simply create a new CMOS profile for windows with completely new settings (overclocked) and simply switch between profiles in bios when i want to use windows? thanks for all your help :)

mitch_549 said:
wow thanks for that awesome response :D it is possible to simply create a new CMOS profile for windows with completely new settings (overclocked) and simply switch between profiles in bios when i want to use windows? thanks for all your help :)
Yes, you can do that if you want. I don't recommend it if you install both OS's on the same hard drive, but on separate hard drives is no reason not to. Stability points for overclocking are not always the same for Windows and OS X, so different saved profiles in BIOS are probably the best way to go, especially if you are really pushing the limits on the OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back