4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have tried everything with the recommended GIGABYTE|GA-Z87X-D3H and it fails every time. I have the i5 4430 and need a motherboard that will work with very little setup. I work at a computer shop so I have an above level of intelligence with computers, but I need help with picking another Motherboard.

TL;DR What do you guys suggest for an easy-to-setup motherboard that works with a Haswell CPU

Gigabyte boards are generally the easiest ones to work with for a Hackintosh. Yours is on the recommended hardware list in the Buyer's Guide -- before you give up on it, maybe you can post what kinds of problems you're running into and someone might know what's wrong (assuming yours isn't defective). Try a search on the forum for other builds using that board and see if there are any tips you can use.

You're not trying to use the on-board Intel HD Graphics on the i5-4430, are you? Because they aren't supported in Mac OS X. You'll need a discrete graphics card. Post your system details and someone might be able to help.

You're not trying to use the on-board Intel HD Graphics on the i5-4430, are you? Because they aren't supported in Mac OS X. You'll need a discrete graphics card. Post your system details and someone might be able to help.

Hi nobodynose,

The graphics on the i5-4430 are currently working in OS X as they are HD4600. Many Builds with this to confirm it. http://ark.intel.com/products/75036/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back