Contribute
Register

Early christmas hack-help :3. ASUS Rampage III Extreme, i7 980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
CPU
i7 980x 3,33ghz
Graphics
GTX 570 2,5gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, furry friends!

I can't really say I've got much experience on this Hackintosh thing but I've managed to install OSx on a Gigabyte-machine some year back but it had some problems and it turned unpleasant. Now I'm back to get hurt once more! Also I can point out that I know my way around a computer, just not macs or hacks.

I am saving for as good of a build I can get with the Haswell 1150 but for now I thought about working with my current machine if it is possible and that's where this thread comes into place. I would be very happy to get any kind of feedback on the parts I have in my computer and if it is even possible without making my butt move to a new dimension.

Current setup:

-Asus Rampage III Extreme
-Intel hexacore i7 980 3,33ghz
-Corsair DDR3 Dominator 24gb 1600mhz
-GTX 570 2,5gb (EVGA)
-Disk WD750gb 32mb cahe
-other random stuff: GA Odin psu 1200. More stuff. Fans. More fans. Buttload of cables and fans and radiator.

There we have it. I know MB, CPU and GPU is most important but more info can't hurt.

Is there anyone out there who think this is doable? Ofc I am looking into Mountain lion but just Lion could maybe do as well.

Thanks in advance
/Magnus Lindell

I am using a Rampage III with an intel i7 950. I use an AMD 7970 GPU. Mt lion was a bit of a pain and I could never get it to recognize the 7970. I started a new build using Mavericks and it worked well from the start. The mavericks build was very straightforward and didn't require a DSDT to run. I currently have Mavericks installed on an old 300gb velociraptor on the Marvell controller SATA ports. (I have a RAID setup on the Intel Sata ports). The system boots off the hard drive. GraphicsEnabler=No is required with the AMD card.

Okey, sounds cool :)! I woun't be touching Mtn. Lion then. But how the heck did you get hold of "Mavericks"? And what sounds even more groundbreaking is that you have no problems with it xD.

Thanks for answer btw :3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back