Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the thread pretty much since its beginning. It wasn't until I started having those little "issues" every once in a while with my existing Windows i7-920 workstation that I entertained building a completely brand new box. Until now I have made due with my i3-3220 hack which was setup more as a demo/proof-of-concept box. So I upgraded.

My build went great, with only a couple of minor issues....
One was a case modification as I need to re-position my H100i so as the tubing didn't come into contact with the corner of the support bracket for the wireless. The second was a brain-fart related so BIOS settings. I may go back and do a few other things, but am pleased so far.

I have to admit it was a pleasure in taking 10 minutes or so for an OS install on a clean machine. If it was anything M$ related I'd still be sitting there!

Next up is deciding to either build a combination MAC server / PLEX transcoder - it all depends on what the throughput is to my Synology with my shiny new hard drives....

Lastly, a big shout-out / hats-off / cheers to the all the crew. This was probably the easiest install of ANY box I have ever built.

All I can wonder is why I haven't done anything sooner?

Just installed Yosemite with no new problems at all!

Used only -x maxmem=8192 and boot0 Error fix.

HD 4600 and audio works, Messages doesn't.
Not sure about Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

View attachment 107339View attachment 107340

Hi, I have a really annoying problem. Installed Yosemite mostly working fine but something wrong with graphics. I have the same MB as you also i have the 4600 graphics. Did you do something to get it working?

I performed my load using Unibeast with a Multibeast follow-up. I have a GTX760 card installed and disabled onboard graphics in BIOS; no boot switches were used.

Can you be a bit more specific (descriptive) on the video issues?
Maybe someone else (more informed) can jump in and verify the boot settings portion.

I haven't worked on the Message component (yet). I don't really use it, so that task is low-priority.
As I have a nice home infrastructure I have elected to use a cabled connection, so wireless isn't a must have either - if I choose to go that route then I need to purchase the correct wireless card.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I performed my load using Unibeast with a Multibeast follow-up. I have a GTX760 card installed and disabled onboard graphics in BIOS; no boot switches were used.

Can you be a bit more specific (descriptive) on the video issues?
Maybe someone else (more informed) can jump in and verify the boot settings portion.

I haven't worked on the Message component (yet). I don't really use it, so that task is low-priority.
As I have a nice home infrastructure I have elected to use a cabled connection, so wireless isn't a must have either - if I choose to go that route then I need to purchase the correct wireless card.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Since I'm only gonna use this for music production that part aint important.

Thing is, i cant install Logic 9 because it says I have 0 VRAM whilst it needs 64, and that my gpu must have QE/CI. Well it does, but not according to logic.

Also the graphics acceleration are really slow. Have tried a bunch of things. Have opened a thread about it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/147742-hd-4600-doesnt-work-yosemite-help.html

dingy is using a graphics card which has an easy installation process compared to those of us using the HD4600 graphics. He doesn't need to follow this Guide (and I can't determine why he's posting in this thread).

dingy is using a graphics card which has an easy installation process compared to those of us using the HD4600 graphics. He doesn't need to follow this Guide (and I can't determine why he's posting in this thread).

Well, are you running Yosemite on your "Hector"? Then, how did you get it to work with 4600?

Well, are you running Yosemite on your "Hector"? Then, how did you get it to work with 4600?
Nope...I tried to get it working with the HD4600 configuration, but I'm having no joy. So, I'll wait for 10.10.1 or so. However, since this is an Early Adopter thread :thumbup:, I'll try with a graphics card...and a separate disk...

My reason for using a separate disk is because I'm using a partition on my SSD for Yosemite. Since Yosemite uses a new format, called Core Storage, which is Apple's technology behind Fusion Drive and FileVault, it kinda takes over the whole drive. See this MacRumor forum thread for more info (and Google): Caution - Yosemite may screw up partitions.

Stork said:
...(and I can't determine why he's posting in this thread)

Just giving props. I started down the rabbit hole with no graphics cards but added it during the build.
OK...thanks...but you still have it easy with a graphics card. :lol:

Hello all!.
Stork , i just can installed Mavericks with your instructions with a z97n-wifi and grafic nvidia GT740 2gb.
After install i use your Multibeast Hector Fresh.mb file. All seems works ok but before use Multibeast one of the Lan works and the other no, after use Multibeast the one who worked now dont works and viceversa, the other works. Is this normal, is posible to use both LANs?.

Do you know some about us the graphics GT740, with your multibeast only can use 720p, no 1080.

And my last question, i try to use a dual boot with Windows 7. Following instructions of foro i install Mavericks, giving a free partition, after install windows 7 in that free partition. AFter only Windows boot, i install program for make a new entry in boot but nothing works (any help).

I continue with this later with advances, thanks again Stork for you helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back