Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, sorry if my post earlier lead to the wrong assumption... my bad...

i dont really know what my problem is called, snow noise or white noise (or else). Basically when my system boot it didn't hit the desktop straight, hence i got my screen fuzzy (i call this snow noise / white noise) for a while, it didn't make any sound though... i suspect it is a framebuffer problem.

Audio --> alc892 n 9 series fix in MB. Works like a charm
Display --> intel 9series fix in MB sysdef 14,2
If, once you get to the desktop and your desktop is not having any "snow", then I wouldn't worry about it. However, if it continues, then you have a problem. The problem could be anything from a bad monitor cable to using the wrong port. DVI port should work fine; HDMI port 1 (bottom) doesn't work well by itself, but works well for two monitors with the DVI port; and, IIRC, HDMI port 2 (top) works best for a single monitor. Hope this helps. Good luck! :thumbup:

Have you considered doing a Clover guide? I made the jump and it really wasn't that hard. I figured that the time I would spend reinstalling Windows (so that Chameleon/Chimera would recognize it), could be spent actually learning something. Clover seems more stable. There was definitely less Kext modification etc. Graphics were super easy...no fixes! Sound was easy (Toleda's config.plist additions). Sleep works great. I guess I have Intel Speedstep working. What's also nice about Clover is that it doesn't matter what configuration you have as far as bootloaders are concerned. Someone could just grab a new hard drive, put it in, and not have to worry about reinstalling Windows, which is just crazy if you have a lot of stuff to migrate (also considering the absolutely stupid upgrade path that some people have to do to get 8.1 back on their computers...install Win 7, then 8, then 8.1).

If you need any more info about a Clover install just contact me...
Did you install Clover for H97N-WIFI? Do you mind outlining the steps, sharing your config.plist, and the Custom Clover Settings?

Does anyone know why H97N-WIFI is recommended over H97N (non-WIFI), especially when the built-in WiFi module does not work with OS X? Would the H97N (non-WiFi) work with this guide?

Has anyone had problems with hanging/temporary freezing of the mouse or keyboard. It usually happens when I'm doing something with a lot of movement on the screen or a lot of shortcuts (specifically in logic and illustrator) even in less intense situations.

Usually I can cmd+tab out of the window and back in and the mouse will stop hanging. I get the feeling its a graphic related issue but am not sure.

cci[RR]us;908558 said:
Did you install Clover for H97N-WIFI? Do you mind outlining the steps, sharing your config.plist, and the Custom Clover Settings?
This Guide thread is for the tonymacx86 standard UniBeast & MultiBeast method of installing Mavericks. If you want help using Clover, please open a thread in Mavericks Desktop support (not in the Guides forum section). BTW, there should be a guide or User Build forum section build description that discusses the use of Clover for the 9-series motherboards.

cci[RR]us;908563 said:
Does anyone know why H97N-WIFI is recommended over H97N (non-WIFI), especially when the built-in WiFi module does not work with OS X?...
Yes...because the BT part of the WiFi/BT card works in OS X. If you want to have both WiFi & BT, there are working cards available that will fit in the mini-PCIe socket. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html.

Has anyone had problems with hanging/temporary freezing of the mouse or keyboard. It usually happens when I'm doing something with a lot of movement on the screen or a lot of shortcuts (specifically in logic and illustrator) even in less intense situations.

Usually I can cmd+tab out of the window and back in and the mouse will stop hanging. I get the feeling its a graphic related issue but am not sure.

i have the same problem under mavericks and yosemite.

i have the same problem under mavericks and yosemite.i have the same problem under mavericks and yosemite.
Are you using wired or wireless kb/mouse? What brand/model #? Unfortunately, I'm not telepathic so I had to ask.

Wired no name Mouse and tastatur.
Bluetooth didn't work (onboard and usb dongle)

Hi,

first, my setup: GA-Z97N-WIFI, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB DDR3, i7-4770S, Corsair CS550M, Seagate 3TB SATA HDD ST3000DM001

And now... a problem that I think nobody had yet on the whole 24 pages :) I installed MacOS but thought I did something wrong with Multibeast kexts as it wouldn't start without -x PCIRootUID=1 every time. So I decided to redo it. Here I encountered a problem: Disk Utility from USB stick won't repartition my drive. I can only reformat the main partition. diskutil list tells me there are other partitions on the drive that I am kind of scared to touch. So leaving the disk not formatter properly, I went through the install, all went smooth, then at the end restarted into Unibeast, which... only shows me the USB stick. Not the new Mac OS install. When I press space, I can enter parameters, but only for the USB, the Seagate still won't show up. And if I allow the USB stick to boot, it boots back into installer.

I did the changes in BIOS as listed in OP. Then tried to change things back and forth. Nothing helped. But I know it IS possible to install Mavericks seeing as I did it once, even if it had no sound and only ran in safe mode. I guess the question is:

1. Is it a very obvious BIOS setting I am missing? (Assuming I did Optimised Defaults > changes by Stork from OP)
2. Is there a way to format a drive safely so the install works correctly if Disk Utility won't do it? (Terminal commands...?)

Thanks a lot for any response, I almost drove myself crazy today.

EDIT: Solved in the most counter-intuitive way:

1. Fight with the HDD in Disk Utility and Terminal another few hours, unmounting and erasing things randomly, only to fail again and again
2. Mount your 3TB HDD in external case that does NOT support drives over 2 TB (this is important)
3. Marvel at the wonder of Disk Utility calling your disk "IOMEGA 800 GB"
4. Erase that baby and create single 800 GB partition
5. Move it back into your Hackintosh case and enjoy the freedom that comes with ability to partition it correctly in Disk Utility

Oh, technology, how I love thee.

And, just like that, Mavericks runs QUICK on my new Hacman. Thanks so much Stork! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back