Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh Mavericks install works great, thanks to your tutorial.

But I can't boot OSX after 10.9.5 upgrade.
Actually the same errors appears even after the 10.9.4 combo upgrade:

- x -v
System Uptime in nanoseconds...

- x -v UseKernelCache=No
System Uptime in nanoseconds...

-x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
DRMStatus Error

Solution from this forum doesn't work.

So I get "read only" message at "mkdir IntelBack" step. (even with "sudo" in front of the "mkdir")

Any advice on how to make it running?
Yeah, well...I won't comment on the insanely thread as it's old and out of date.

Did you upgrade to 10.9.5 using the procedure in Post #182?

Whoops. I should have made myself clear; I'm actually using "windows" MK520 combo.

Anyway after some trial and error I realized the problem only surfaces when the system is in "high load". For example, I first noticed this when I was transferring a large amount of photos from my external hdd into my internal ssd, installing dropbox and something else that I forgot, all at the same time. My mouse pointer stopped moving and I thought my system froze. Thinking back it was probably not because my system froze, but because it "lost connection."

In fact, I haven't experience the "disconnection" with my mouse and keyboard for about half hour now - I have Chrome open with multiple tabs but I guess that is not enough to stress the system yet.

*edit* I take back what I said. The problem started to appear (this time only with my keyboard; mouse worked fine) 10 minutes after I posted this. I've now switched the USB dongle to the USB3.0 port (it was on the 2.0 port).. let's see how it goes.

Here's an update on my USB situation: I have since experienced none of the above problems after switching to the USB3.0 port. It seems like there are some issues with the 2.0 ports?

Edit: It seems like the problem appears when I plug in my ext hdd. Mouse/keyboard working fine -> Plugs in ext HDD -> Mouse doesn't respond -> Unplugs ext hdd -> mouse comes back to life!

Yeah, well...I won't comment on the insanely thread as it's old and out of date.
Did you upgrade to 10.9.5 using the procedure in Post #182?

Well, just to be sure, I reinstalled everything from the scratch one more time.
Don't have a spare hard drive yet, so can't do the image cloning thing.

Installed 10.9.1.
This time I did everything strictly by the manual, and NOT ticked:

• FakeSMC v6.9.13.15
  • FakeSMC v6.9.13.15 Plugins
  • FakeSMC v6.9.13.15 HWMonitor Application
  • USB 3.0 - Universal
  • 1080p Display Mode

Successfully booted 10.9.5 (with -x -v), after applying combo update.
Opened MultiBeast, chose and applied these options, as been stated in manual:

• Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892,
  • Drivers > Audio > Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support,
  • Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA,
  • Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.4 TRIM Patch;

Then I closed the MultiBeast and instantly got freeze and message, on the top of the desktop:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000252cf): "a freed zone element has been modified": expected blablabla, bits changed blablabla, at offset 16 of 32 in zone: kalloc.32"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.115

After reboot, in normal mode, I've got something with "System Uptime in nanoseconds..." on the end.
With -v -x maxmem=8192 I booted OK.

Applied "Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix".
So eventually I can boot 10.9.5 normally, without any boot flags! Audio & Intel GPU works well.

Thanks a lot for your manual, it works as it should, when all steps executed properly :thumbup:

Thanks,
I have been trying to build my first hackintosh and was just getting frustrated. Your guide seems to have worked great...

Just installed Yosemite with no new problems at all!

Used only -x maxmem=8192 and boot0 Error fix.

HD 4600 and audio works, Messages doesn't.
Not sure about Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 00.26.40.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-18 at 01.46.34.png

Hey, just curious when you will be posting a tutorial how to install yosemite?

I am struggling to get to desktop. I was able to install Yosemite fine.

Issue:
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 4, deviced 14 ].

Any help? Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Hey, just curious when you will be posting a tutorial how to install yosemite?

I am struggling to get to desktop. I was able to install Yosemite fine.

Issue:
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 4, deviced 14 ].

Any help? Any suggestion?

Thanks.
I am traveling and will not be able to revisit installing Yosemite on my H97N for a while. However, I tried with the last pre-release and could not install it - I tried for several days with no luck. Lots of problems which I won't list here. I recommend you hold off installing Yosemite.

However, I noted that Empyric (post before yours) manage to install Yosemite. So, if the Early Adopter in you just wants to give it a go, backup your Mavericks installation and use the same flags as we did for Mavericks including the maxmem=x, where x=half your installed memory, but no more than 8192GB (4096 or 8292). If you install over Mavericks, see tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html. For a fresh install, tonymacx86's 10.10 installation guide is the way to go.

Being an Early Adopter is hell sometimes. :thumbup:

Hey guys, I need some help with my build. This is my first hackintosh but I'm not a stranger to customizing, having chipped Xboxes, hacked DVRs, rooted android phones, etc.

My build is running a GA-H97N-WIFI board, Intel Core i3-4360 CPU, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB RAM, Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD, and Corsair CX 500 Watt PSU.

I have made my USB thumb drive with Mavericks and Unibeast from a MacBook Pro and had zero issues. Assembled my machine and booted from the thumb drive with Chimera with success. Installed Mavericks to the point of the first auto reboot (first half of install). My problem comes when it reboots and I select Mavericks to boot as the how to states. I'm stuck at the Apple logo with the spinning wheel. I've tried several times with "-v" and "-x" as well as the maxmem command and the graphicsenabler command. It just doesn't want to boot up without freezing/kernel panic. Each time I try it there seems to be something different that shows on the log. I've followed Tonymacs how-to guide and Storks H97N-WIFI specific guide to the letter and am still unable to finish installing Mavericks. Maybe you can shed some light on my problem here. Apologies if the pics are a bit blurry.

20141017_202455.jpg20141017_202723.jpg20141017_202747.jpg20141017_213013.jpg

I have the same problem.
The first boot after the installation from the usb doesn't work. It doesn't work with GraphicsEnabler=no -x maxmem=4096. This command work perfectly with the boot from usb. Someone could help?
Thanks guys

proudly my hardware
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
Intel Core i7-4790K
GeForce GTX 760
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 (8x2)
250GB SSD

Corsair 400r
Corsair RM 650 Watt Modular

Sorry maybe I post in the wrong place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back