Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes. The audio does work if I connect the audio cable to the motherboard. I was trying the audio through HDMI connected to my graphics card. What do I choose in Multibeast for audio to work through HDMI on the GPU?
Head on over to toleda's heaven/hell forum section, HDMI audio: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/

I have studio monitor speakers :thumbup: , so I don't use HDMI audio.

This also works then you also have a nVidia GPU? I´ve just built a new system with a GA-Z97X-SLI, a 4770 and a GTX 680. The system won´t boot when the IGPU is enabled in the BIOS and I´d like to enable it so I can use airplay and I have a dual boot with windows where I´d like to have the IGPU enabled as well.

Stork does your Atheros Ethernet port work? If the answer is yes, could you share the name and version of the kext?

thank you
neil

Using the directions provided by Stork in this thread, I was successful in installing and running Mavericks with my new build!!!

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU: Intel I5 4690k
GPU: E-GeForce 8600 GT
RAM: (2x8gb) G Skill F3-12800CL-GBXL
Hard disk: 120gb Evo SSD
PSU: OCZ700MXSP

Works great even without boot flags! I haven't had much time to play around yet but it seems very stable.

after using the instructions by stork with onboard graphics i used MultiBeast "basic boot options" changed my bios to default to pci e installed nvidia 8600 and viola.

works like i charm, although i haven't installed my (compatible) wifi card or tried any audio kexts yet.

thanks for all the help!!

Hey guys!
So this is my first build ever, and I incorrectly choose my motherboard without researching it's OSX compatibility. Thus, why I'm posting in this thread.

MBD: GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU: i5-4690K
GPU: GeForce GTX 770 2GB
RAM: (1 x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3
PSU: Corsair CS550W Gold

I am currently running the latest BIOS and have followed the original instructions down to the wire, but I am still either getting a kernel panic OR the computer is just restarting itself when it comes to trying to access the installer (ie Step 4). I've tried all of the boot flag combinations and nothing works. When I boot in verbose mode, the last thing that comes up before it restarts itself is "unknown CPU," a Bluetooth error, and then the iTunes DRM.

I'd really appreciate some help! Thank you!

Tylerweil,
Since you have a discrete graphics card, you don't need to follow this guide as it is for users of the Intel Integrated HD4600 Graphics. You can just follow the tonymacx86 Installation Guide for Mavericks.

When I first started my adventure with the H97N, I had KPs and no video. But, when I used an old 6450 graphics card, I installed Mavericks w/o any problems. The problem is with installing Mavericks with only the integrated graphics.

Stork -- thanks to you and everyone on the tonymac86 forums for the amazing wealth of knowledge! Finally got my build up and running.

Gigabyte z97n wifi
intel i5 4690K
ballistix 16GB
Samsung SSD EVO 250GB
Corsair 550
No dedicated GPU

Wanted to comment on one thing. I couldn't get it to boot up without -x safe mode despite trying what seemed to be everything. Granted I'm new at this (since my last PC build maybe 17 years ago) and this may not be relevant as I don't totally understand what the effect will be, but the only way I got it to successfully boot without safe mode was by disabling VT-d in BIOS, which your guide says is for non K processors (though I have the 4690K). Can you shed any light on this? In layman's terms, how will disabling this affect me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back