Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did both those steps.

My BIOS is version F3 and not F4. Could that be a problem? When I connect to download servers from @BIOS in Windows it only shows me F3 as the latest available for download

So, here's how you create and use an SSDT which will give you much better processor power management.

Did not work the first time.
Followed the link to toleda's guide and installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, it seemed OK.

Yes I did both those steps.

My BIOS is version F3 and not F4. Could that be a problem? When I connect to download servers from @BIOS in Windows it only shows me F3 as the latest available for download
Update to F4. It's available from Gigabyte > http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4992#bios

kyle.lu said:
So, here's how you create and use an SSDT which will give you much better processor power management.

Did not work the first time.
Followed the link to toleda's guide and installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, it seemed OK.
Thank you for catching that I missed a step in my post. I've updated Post #74 to add that missing step. I also added a step to disable your C & P states in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, too.

I am a Hackintosh noob here who decided to try the first one with the GA-Z97N-WIFI since the previous Gigabyte boards work out of the box. I followed tonymac86's installation guide using Unibeast and this guide for multibeast, and the only difference with this guide being that I use a dedicated graphics card so the integrated graphics kexts were not necessary. My first problem occurred after installing Mavericks and rebooting using the USB to choose "Mavericks" instead of "USB". After choosing "Mavericks", the white Apple logo appears with the swirling "loading" sign. This is an infinite loop so I restart the process, this time pressing spacebar with "-v -x" to booth with verbose mode and safe mode. This works and I run Multibeast according to this guide. This works great, and I restart my machine, this time expecting it to be okay without safemode so I only choose "-v" to debug. I did this multiple times to make sure it does not fall on the same line. I found that it either falls on something about the itunes store DRMSystem error 8877652 or Bluetooth. Anyone know anything about these errors? Also, I've been doing a lot of research, and I keep seeing something about an "Extra" folder that is hidden. What is this extra folder that people refer to? Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Processor: 4670K
Graphics: MSI GTX770 2GB
Motherboard: GA-Z97N-WIFI
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 2133 mhz
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Power Supply: Corsair HX750
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i

... I restart the process, this time pressing spacebar with "-v -x" to booth with verbose mode and safe mode. This works and I run Multibeast according to this guide. This works great, and I restart my machine, this time expecting it to be okay without safemode so I only choose "-v" to debug. I did this multiple times to make sure it does not fall on the same line. I found that it either falls on something about the itunes store DRMSystem error 8877652 or Bluetooth. Anyone know anything about these errors? Also, I've been doing a lot of research, and I keep seeing something about an "Extra" folder that is hidden. What is this extra folder that people refer to? Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Processor: 4670K
Graphics: MSI GTX770 2GB
Motherboard: GA-Z97N-WIFI
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 2133 mhz
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Power Supply: Corsair HX750
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i
Don't get confused about the /Extra folder as it's for another problem than the the problem you're having.

It seens like your system is try to display the Mavericks Desktop using the on the on-board, HD4600 Intel Integrated Graphics. Your problem might be caused by you BIOS being setup to use the IGFX (on-board) rather than your discrete graphics card (GTX 770). But, first, are you using the latest BIOS version? I think it's F4. If not, see the original post Guide to see how to update your BIOS. If you are using the latest BIOS version, make sure that in the BIOS, you've got:
Peripherals > Initial Display Output > PCIeX <--- or something like that (only two choices)
Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Disabled <--- likewise, make sure this is disabled​
Then, from the original post's BIOS setup, you also have the following set correctly:
M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1 for memory not recognized with the Default setting;
Power Management > Wake on LAN > Disable​

Hopefully, this will get you to the Desktop.

Wow! Thank you Stork. I had no idea that those were the problems considering the lines to stop verbose mode involved Bluetooth and an Apple iTunes Store DRM error.

What problems are you guys now facing after being able to boot into the OS?

Wow! Thank you Stork. I had no idea that those were the problems considering the lines to stop verbose mode involved Bluetooth and an Apple iTunes Store DRM error.

What problems are you guys now facing after being able to boot into the OS?
As I stated in the Guides's original post and my build description:
What doesn't work that I've tested so far:
  • iTunes trailers playing causes system freeze. This is due to the 9-series not being recognized by the iTunes store.
  • Sleep/wake-up. Monitors sleep but motherboard doesn't. Wake-up by any means doesn't work. Only solution is to restart.
The iTunes problem is probably due to DRM as well. It's been a problem since Ivy Bridge.

I have also noticed that my audio does not work. I followed the Multibeast steps to input ALC892 and the option for Z97 motherboards from DSDT free, but it still does not work. I heard the audio is a common problem. How have you guys been fixing this?

I have also noticed that my audio does not work. I followed the Multibeast steps to input ALC892 and the option for Z97 motherboards from DSDT free, but it still does not work. I heard the audio is a common problem. How have you guys been fixing this?
My audio works OK. Audio has been a problem, but, if you're using an earlier version of MultiBeast, you should run the latest MultiBeast (v6.4) rerunning just the Audio ALC892 and 9-Series. See MultiBeast 6.4 Update.

Ah, yes. The audio does work if I connect the audio cable to the motherboard. I was trying the audio through HDMI connected to my graphics card. What do I choose in Multibeast for audio to work through HDMI on the GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back