Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hardware is as follows:
i7 4790 3.6GHz
DDr3 2x4GB 1600MHz
GA-Z97N-WIFI

So I've followed yours and TonyMacx guide for a mavericks installation and have got as far as trying to boot the installer for the first time.
What would recommend I try? Should I go back, load the defaults and try something else to get around the hang after the iTunes message?

I do not have a GPU and I would've liked to use the motherboards built in graphics... but from reading around it seems this may be a problem.
If you followed the Guide in post #1, you shouldn't be having these problems. You must have missed a step. I put check boxes by each step so you could copy and paste into a document, print it out and check off each step. Please review the guide to see which step you missed.

BTW, randomly trying "things" will result in failure. The Guide is designed for H/Z97N motherboard system using HD4600, Intel Integrated Graphics.

I'm looking for help...

I started a few days ago trying to follow the Yosemite build, but I got discouraged with all the stuff that I couldn't get working combined with reading that Mavericks was more mature (I finally got Yosemite booting off the internal drive, but the resolution was messed up no matter what I tried, it seemed that all the guides were a different version of Multibeast than what I had). So I jumped off the Yosemite and headed to Mavericks. Now I'm not sure I should have done that.

Using Unibeast 5.0.2 and Install OSX Mavericks 10.9.5, I'm getting stuck.

My hardware build comes from the recommended lists. Corsair 550, GA Z97N WIFI and i3 4360 (3.7GHz) HD4600, 2x 4GB Ballistix, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO. I find myself wondering if the i3 had been an i5 if things would have been easier, but I do see glimmers of hope.

I can't get the Mavericks installer to boot.

If I throw all the recommended command line arguments at it (-x -f -v maxmem=4096), I get a 0xDEADBEEFDEADBEEF problem. If I add -no-zp to the mix, I get considerably further, but the screen goes blue (no signal) and shuts off after a few seconds right after displaying a few lines. I can't read fast enough, but I may have captured it with my camera phone. It does this right after the Bluetooth stuff:
Ethernet [AtherosE220]: Link up on en1, 1Gigabit, Full
DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Co
the machine, but you should contact an Apple support re
(that's the last three lines that fit in the screen.)

I have set the BIOS to all the settings I see, Profile 1, VT-D, IGFX and IGP enable.

I understand that this works for other people, and if it doesn't work for me I've done something wrong, but any help would be appreciated.

Edit: if I disable the VT-D (which I think is called "Intel Virtualization Technology"), I can replicate all the above results without using the -no-zp option. Also, I'm using version F4 of the BIOS. I know it's not the newest, but people have had success with it, so I don't think it's my problem.

Edit2: Turns out I only have no video in the install process if I use the bottom of the two HDMI ports. Every boot where the top HDMI is used, it works great. I'm now in Mavericks, full resolution video, sound works (analog, but that's all I've tried) and network works! Huzzah!!!

Last edited:
i get the intel ethernet finally working with v2.5.4d kext, Atheros ethernet no chance for me.
i have replaced the wifi/bt combo card with Azurewave AW-CE123H from ebay, 2.4/5 Ghz Wifi AC & BT4 with sleep/wake works fine.

is there already a way to enable hdmi sound for now?

thanks friends :D

Did the Azurewave card work right out of the box or did you need to get some kext for it? Does handoff work with this card in yosemite?

So, here's how you create and use an SSDT which will give you much better processor power management.

Once again, thanks a million, Stork. Combining your information (wonderfully pared down) along with toleda's original guide, I got the SSDT generated for my i5-4690k, Clover configured, and am seeing Speedstep function as intended (including my previously unattainable turbo state [3.9ghz]).

Kudos!

I know this is a fairly old guide, but did the AC WIFI Chip included with the motherboard work initially?
No, as I documented in the build description thread. (See my signature block.)

Hello.
Tell me, why after installing by this method cannot run Windows 8 from another disk?
To start it you have to change BIOS setting and make boot disk Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back