Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio problem is now fixed - it was actually due to the patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. If you are running 10.9.4 and have used this Guide, do the following:

:ch: Redownload toleda's 10.9.4 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext and unpack it onto the Desktop;
:ch: Remove the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/;
:ch: Drag and drop the new AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext onto Kext Utility application; and
:ch: Reboot using UseKernelCache=No at the Chimera boot screen.​

Welcome to 10.9.4! :thumbup:

I can confirm that now. Toleda pointed out to me I had a bad azul kext, re-downloaded and applied it and the good old speaker icon welcome sight....now onto this lag biz. Also Stork, any issue with USB you have? I'm having annoying issue to which after reboot my keyboard goes numb and I need to hit keys twice to get it going. Unplugging and replugging seems to take care of it. Oh what does Kernel cache do?

I can confirm that now. Toleda pointed out to me I had a bad azul kext, re-downloaded and applied it and the good old speaker icon welcome sight...
:thumbup: Life is good, once again, for us early adopters.

carl said:
...now onto this lag biz. Also Stork, any issue with USB you have? I'm having annoying issue to which after reboot my keyboard goes numb and I need to hit keys twice to get it going. Unplugging and replugging seems to take care of it...
My Apple USB keyboard works fine as does the old Logitech USB mouse I have plugged into the Apple USB keyboard. I can get into the BIOS and stop the Chimera loading OS X with a tap of the SpaceBar. Once I get to the Mavericks Desktop, both components work as they should. Do you have another USB keyboard and/or mouse you can try?

carl said:
...Oh what does Kernel cache do?
OS X saves it's kernel cache upon shutdown/restart to make boot up quicker.

My Apple USB keyboard works fine as does the old Logitech USB mouse I have plugged into the Apple USB keyboard. I can get into the BIOS and stop the Chimera loading OS X with a tap of the SpaceBar. Once I get to the Mavericks Desktop, both components work as they should. Do you have another USB keyboard and/or mouse you can try?

I'm using an old apple keyboard from the iMac pre-sight days I own, MS mouse plugged into it. Yes that shiny white one. I don't have another USB keyboard. Maybe I should upgrade it. It does this on both 2.0 and 3.0 USB. Bios I think no issue but at chimera boot selection hitting arrow keys to select drive mimics spacebar and adds an "e" letter. :problem: it won't let me select drive to boot, only first drive. Unplugging and replugging usb keyboard brings it to normal function. Im not sure if I should try universal USB 3.0 kext a try. It does recognize 3.0 as is.

Is there any way to have dual monitors with an HDMI and a DVI?

Turbo Boost is the problem. With Turbo Boost disabled, the system boots in <8 seconds.

Hello Stork, thank you for an excellent set of instructions to get 10.9.4 running. I appear, however, to be running into an issue that I'm not understanding.

My exact hardware is an i7-4790K on a Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI board with 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP DDR3-1600 RAM; no discrete video cards. I used iMac 14,2; otherwise identical to the setup you have recommended with no processor-specific SSDT.

Using your instructions I have got as far as the final step, which is to execute the shell script. However, on the next boot, the system simply panics on startup. The panic appears to originate in com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(2.0) after about 200 seconds of uptime. Under verbose, the last line before the panic is AppleKeyStore starting (BUILT: Jun 3 2014 21:40:51). Under single user, last line before panic is FakeSMCKeyStore: started.

The panic happens regardless of whether I am in Profile 1 or Default for the XMP in the BIOS, and regardless of VT-d being enabled or not.

Any thoughts?

Turbo Boost is the problem. With Turbo Boost disabled, the system boots in <8 seconds...
Interesting. I'll add that to my morning's To Do List. Thanks for the update.

Interesting. I'll add that to my morning's To Do List. Thanks for the update.

Happy to test; system has run overnight without problems, but I've not yet set up anything, so now's as good a time as any to break test anything new.

Is there any way to have dual monitors with an HDMI and a DVI?

HDMI + DVI works great in dual setup. 2nd HDMI doesn't.
Using a GA-Z97N-WIFI + i5 4440

where you disable turbo boost in bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back