Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble creating a USB install with Unibeast (can't get past accepting the license).

I'm having trouble creating a USB install with Unibeast (can't get past accepting the license).

You'll need to post in the Unibeast section of the forum to get help.

The Tools → Unibeast read the sticky note first before posting.

Got it, thank you!

Hey,

just wanted to confirm a running GA-H97N-Wifi (updated to R4) with an i7 4790K. I had a bit of a hassle with the installation (-x worked); and the only way to boot into the OS was via -x flag, also random crashes and weird USB recognition. Disabling Vd-t helped here although I've got a K CPU.

Thanks for the very helpful guide!!

Audio and Wifi/BT is untestet.

Cheers

Hi Stork, I love all your info.
I apologize, I am a newb. I have the z97 hero VII with a 4790 4 core haswell. and 2X8 Corsair Vengence Ram

I followed your post to a t after originally failing at clover, I love the detail you use btw. but after I reset it doesnt want to boot after the install. Ive reinstalled twice now, from format. Also, it appears that when I format the ssd it doesnt fully erase, I have selected the actual drive when performing disk utility at the initial install. Im so confused, any help would be appreciated
heres the latest screen at fail. IMG_0047.jpgthanks again

Hi Stork, I love all your info.
I apologize, I am a newb. I have the z97 hero VII with a 4790 4 core haswell. and 2X8 Corsair Vengence Ram

I followed your post to a t after originally failing at clover, I love the detail you use btw. but after I reset it doesnt want to boot after the install. Ive reinstalled twice now, from format. Also, it appears that when I format the ssd it doesnt fully erase, I have selected the actual drive when performing disk utility at the initial install. Im so confused, any help would be appreciated
heres the latest screen at fail. View attachment 101151thanks again
The actual "install" process use by Apple is in two parts: first is the actual installing, and, second, after a reboot, the setup leading to the Desktop when you run MultiBeast. As with booting using UniBeast for the initial installation part, you reboot with UniBeast to do the 2nd part of the install. For some systems, you have to use the -v -x boot flags to boot the 2nd part. Have you installed and rebooted with UniBeast? If so, have you tried the "-v -x" boot flags (without the quotes)?

Note also that, since you have an ASUS motherboard with a different Back Panel graphics port configuration, you will have to use a different graphics_intel_hd5k-azul patch than I used for the Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI motherboard; see toleda's post for other definitions. You might have to post your problem in toleda's thread if you still are having a problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I feared as much, thanks for the quick response. I have tried those flags after the restart and multibeast install, and thats where we're left. It doesn't actually know where the partition is to boot to it seems. Is there a way to access the partition any other way aside from a new install. Its weird, after running multibEast while in the menu a dialog pops up saying appleintelframebufferazul.kext installed incorrectly. 'll try Toledo for the correct patch. Thanks again

I feared as much, thanks for the quick response. I have tried those flags after the restart and multibeast install, and thats where we're left. It doesn't actually know where the partition is to boot to it seems. Is there a way to access the partition any other way aside from a new install. Its weird, after running multibEast while in the menu a dialog pops up saying appleintelframebufferazul.kext installed incorrectly. 'll try Toledo for the correct patch. Thanks again
Yes, you'll get dialog pop ups about kext not being signed, etc., but it's only a warning by the OS (not MultiBeast).

I've followed this guide exactly and have a Z97-WIFI motherboard. After running MultiBeast, I keep getting a kernel panic on boot. The module that's causing the problem seems to be "AppleACPIPLatform". Could you please help me fix this?

Thanks so much for your amazing effort on this guide!

I've followed this guide exactly and have a Z97-WIFI motherboard. After running MultiBeast, I keep getting a kernel panic on boot. The module that's causing the problem seems to be "AppleACPIPLatform". Could you please help me fix this?

Thanks so much for your amazing effort on this guide!
I see from your Profile that you are using a GTX 760 graphics card. You don't need to use this Guide if you have a graphics card.

In the 1st paragraph of the Guide, I wrote:
Early adopters have it rough! Little or no support until Apple supports the hardware/firmware/chipsets in a product. Note: if you are using a discrete graphics card (e.g., a GTX 760 or similar), you don't need this guide; just use the tonymacx86 Installation Guide for Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back