Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I got it to successfully boot without safe mode was by disabling VT-d in BIOS, which your guide says is for non K processors (though I have the 4690K). Can you shed any light on this? In layman's terms, how will disabling this affect me?
Guess what? You've found something new. The Haswell Refreshed i5-4690K process does support VT-d, as does the i7-4690K, unlike their "K" processor predecessors.

Going to Intel's i5-4690K product page
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) ‡ >Yes
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) ‡ >Yes

‡ This feature may not be available on all computing systems. Please check with the system vendor to determine if your system delivers this feature, or reference the system specifications (motherboard, processor, chipset, power supply, HDD, graphics controller, memory, BIOS, drivers, virtual machine monitor-VMM, platform software, and/or operating system) for feature compatibility. Functionality, performance, and other benefits of this feature may vary depending on system configuration.
Good catch. :clap: I've updated the original post. :thumbup:

I haven't seen this noted elsewhere, so I thought I'd ask.

I've got an H97N-WIFI with a Core i3 4150.

The difference, however, is that the 4150 is not HD4600, it's HD4400.

I'm not sure how different the drivers are, but will there be any issue when I go to attempt to hackintosh this thing later this week?

HD4400 is not supported Mavericks as Apple doesn't use any processors/chipsets that support HD4400 in it's products.

See tonymacx86's post on how you might be able to get HD4400 working.

I'm curious to know how big of a PSU you're running Mr. Stork. I have a newly minted H97n build that I can't seem to get to boot up to Post and no BIOS. No sounds coming from the mobo and nothing on the monitor. Seems like I've done everything from resetting CMOS to only having one stick of ram in, and still nothing comes up on the display. If anyone can provide any input I'd be much appreciated, my specs are below.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory x2
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 1GB Superclocked Video Card
Case: Silverstone FT03B-MINI (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Silverstone 450W 80+ Bronze Certified SFX Power Supply
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 107.4 CFM 140mm Fan

v/r

Alex

I'm using a tonymacx86 recommended (see Buyer's Guide) Corsair CS550M 550 Watt PSU. (See my build description link - click on "Hector" in my signature block.)

Your graphics problem is due to your 750 graphics card which is not (yet) supported in OS X. You'll need to either trade it in for a 740 graphics card, use an older 600 series graphics card or use the on-board graphics which I did and for which the Guide is written.

HELLO Can your H97N-wifi 's wifi and bluetooth works?Whats is it's driver~

The WiFi does not work in OS X. The BT has been reported to work; however, I removed the card. See Hector's build description in User Builds forum section. (Click on Hector in my signature block.)

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Gotcha, I tried defaulting the IGFX for the OS install and the screen just goes blank after saving and exiting the BIOS. I updated to bios version 4 via q-flash and this is where I'm currently stuck, it's almost as if the mobo isn't recognizing the 4790k's IGFX.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotcha, I tried defaulting the IGFX for the OS install and the screen just goes blank after saving and exiting the BIOS. I updated to bios version 4 via q-flash and this is where I'm currently stuck, it's almost as if the mobo isn't recognizing the 4790k's IGFX.

Also, I put in an EVGA 740sc gpu

Also, I put in an EVGA 740sc gpu
Then, turn off the IGFX in the BIOS and your installation should be a lot easier using only MultiBeast v6.4.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back