Contribute
Register

Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

Can somebody Tell me why the New Mac Books with haswell cpu run with the current os x 10.8.4?:shifty:

Apple is shipping the new hardware with a new build version of the operating system that is not on general release and it is newer than the 10.8.4 version that anyone running Ivy Bridge or older has been able to get via the apple site download option.

Adrian B

Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

Apple is shipping the new hardware with a new build version of the operating system that is not on general release and it is newer than the 10.8.4 version that anyone running Ivy Bridge or older has been able to get via the apple site download option.

Adrian B
Thanks a lot for you're fast answer. So, you think with the next Update we will have a closer Basic for rebuilts?

Can somebody Tell me why the New Mac Books with haswell cpu run with the current os x 10.8.4?:shifty:

We can only hope that there will be an update that will allow Haswell builds soon - its in Apples hands.

Adrian B

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH will be for sale at Amazon and Newegg early August - seemed like an appropriate place to mention this (again). 08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH 2.jpgGA-Z87X-UD7 TH.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH 3.jpg06_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH 4.jpg07_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH.jpg08_GIGABYTE_GA-Z87X-UD7_TH.jpg

Attachments

• 20130603-135736.jpg
    20130603-135736.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 128
I've created a topic 2 days ago talking about the Intel BOXDH87RL Motherboard, it does have an ALC892 for audio and the Intel i217V for ethernet, but the chipset is the H87, but looking through this early guide, it seems that this board should work very well

Different Build with support for the built-in Haswell CPU.

Wait for i3 CPUs.

I am looking at getting z87-d3h and a i5 4670k, will this work?

I'm planning to build a machine. I can wait :)

What else would they run with? Mavericks is still a WIP and only released as a developer preview.Also, they run a fork of 10.8.4 that come with Haswell support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back