Contribute
Register

Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

I really do not understand, why so much Gigabyte boards are used here... . ASUS or Gigabyte for me are of quite inferior quality.
Myself, i have DP43TF board, 4yr old. This board works with Lion admirably 2 yr from now. No DSDT... pure vanilla.

Wish to thanks everyone here, for the help and support building our "Macs".

I think this explanation around the top of this guide explains it: "We recommend these specific Gigabyte 8-series motherboards because they don't require a DSDT, and will most likely have native power management. They also have supported audio and network controllers."

Unless I've misunderstood something, you're not using power management at all with your Intel DP43TF board, so having it is unimportant to you. But many of us want power management, and Gigabyte UEFI motherboards have been consistently the easiest to deal with in order top get a feature that's pretty much taken for granted on real Macs.

Now with that said, I eagerly await further testing results to see if my next Hackintosh will be a Haswell based build or if the new Mac Pro will be worth it. :)

Intel i217V work for hackntosh?GA-H87-D3H

I need to make a Micro ATX system, but the only 2 real options for a performance system are the Sniper M5 which doesn't have compatible ethernet or sound, which I can work around honestly, but its roughly $80 more expensive for features I cant use.
The other option is the Z87MX-D3H, but is this a performance board on the lines of say the UD5H? I want to start getting into overclocking etc...
If I was to go the Z87MX path, does anyone know why there is such a scarcity of them? There are none available in Australia, and no retailer even MENTIONS them, only the actual gigabyte site....

I want a low power system eventually to be driven by Solar panals Core i3-4340 looks like the chip that will best suit my needs along with a S2740L monitor. I don't do intensive work too often a little movie editing a few times a year but that is it. Just mainly Elements, internet, iPhoto, iTunes but I could see myself playing something like Civ 5
Can't build anything for a few months anyway so waiting won't be an issue.

Would anyone be able to take an educated guess what my average power draw would be given the Monitor is rated at 21 watts and of course the power supply unit , cooling and anything else that will be using power. Also I plan to reroute the ethernet cable so won't be using wifi I would appreciate any help or advice
Cheers Tim

Personally I'm quite excited about the new Haswell CPU's, it gives me a good reason to upgrade from my good 'ol sandy bridge CPU :)

And lets be honest, that Z87X-OC motherboard...it's got ****ing FANS with watercooling connectors on it, how cool is that! :p

Will this motherboard and cpu work in os x 10.9 with a gtx 770??

Yh Why isn't the z87x-ud4h listed here? The only difference between it and the ud5h this time is the HDMI, extra ethernet and X-Fi sound system from creative? It's the only motherboard available where I live, the UD5H won't hit the store till like october or november.. Can someone verify that it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back