Contribute
Register

Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Gigabyte Sniper M5 doesn't let its ethernet port or sound work, but is that the only issues? as I have a PCIe NIC and a USB DAC, so they dont really bother me...

Also, any ideas about a mATX board with thunderbolt? I know gigabyte is releasing the TH series in August(?), but they mention no Thunderbolt. In fact, no manufacturer does.

For my second build, but not knowing the compatibility issues, I purchase at my local FRYS the new i5 and Gigabyte MB... all case, and poser supply and memory and all!!!

I assembled all components just to find out that could not get to install system, screen just hanged with apple logo.... lol. Of course, the sales person told me that it would not be a problem.... this weekend's project is to return all and get a 3rd gen processor and build new system.... ayayayayay

Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

why isn't the mobo GA-Z87X-UD4H listed here?
is there any incompatibility?

Article: Early Adopter's Guide to Intel's Haswell CPUs and 8-Series Motherboards

That is kind of weird actually. As far as i could dig up, the only real difference between the UD5H and the UD4H, is that the UD4H is missing dual ethernet, and has a vga port instead of a HDMI (I think). The chipset, ethernet controller type, audio chip and evertything else, should be the same...

EDIT: Personally bought the UD5H, because of the dual Intel ethernet. Nice to have in some network environments. :)

It's not listed as it's only available from Micro Center.

I've created a topic 2 days ago talking about the Intel BOXDH87RL Motherboard, it does have an ALC892 for audio and the Intel i217V for ethernet, but the chipset is the H87, but looking through this early guide, it seems that this board should work very well
All Intel boards are quite exeptional,of very high quality, and rock solid boards. I really do not understand, why so much Gigabyte boards are used here... . ASUS or Gigabyte for me are of quite inferior quality.
Myself, i have DP43TF board, 4yr old. This board works with Lion admirably 2 yr from now. No DSDT... pure vanilla.

Wish to thanks everyone here, for the help and support building our "Macs".

That is kind of weird actually. As far as i could dig up, the only real difference between the UD5H and the UD4H, is that the UD4H is missing dual ethernet, and has a vga port instead of a HDMI (I think). The chipset, ethernet controller type, audio chip and evertything else, should be the same...

EDIT: Personally bought the UD5H, because of the dual Intel ethernet. Nice to have in some network environments. :)

The UD4 last year was posted on the early adopter's thread and tests showed that it was a pain in the arse to get going if it did get going so it was removed. I guess they are being cautious this year.

The UD4 last year was posted on the early adopter's thread and tests showed that it was a pain in the arse to get going if it did get going so it was removed. I guess they are being cautious this year.

I can see why you think that but there is almost no diference at all between this 2 mobo, as on the last year UD4 and UD5 were quite diferent.
Z87X-UD4H vs. Z87X-UD5H: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4488,4483
Z77X-UD4H vs. Z77X-UD5H: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/comparison/list.aspx?ck=2&pids=4440,4413

Would a GA-Z87X-UD4H also be a recommendation? I really prefer the red colour scheme over the blue of the UD3H.

I was wondering if the gigabyte z87x ud4h was compatible with os x? as it has the same audio as motherboards listed and an intel LAN port but I am not sure which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back