Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

is there any ways to update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 using e6410 with intel gma hd?

yupidudidu said:
Hi there,

is there any ways to update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6 using e6410 with intel gma hd?
If you don't get a KP during the Combo Update, i would delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E after that and re-run Multibeast with the options ticked like you did before. If you get a KP during installation then you have to reinstall OSX from scratch (if you havn't a TM-backup or a clone copy from your HD)

i don't get any KP during Combo update. it stuck (blank) after reboot. thanks for the info. i will try it.

karacho said:
yupidudidu said:
Hi there,

If you don't get a KP during the Combo Update, i would delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E after that and re-run Multibeast with the options ticked like you did before. If you get a KP during installation then you have to reinstall OSX from scratch (if you havn't a TM-backup or a clone copy from your HD)

OMG! Thank you SO MUCH!

I've never been able to get 10.6.6 installed on my Latitude E4310 with Intel HD graphics, until now! 10.6.3 was the furthest I could get! Booting with -v always ran through verbose mode then it went to a black screen afterwards.

I booted into the SL 10.6.3 installation DVD, ran Terminal, and moved the 2 kexts you mentioned out of the /S/L/E directory, rebooted and BAM! Booted into the 10.6.6 desktop!

Thank you so much! I've been trying for months on and off to get this to work!

I also can run 10.6.6 with my e6410. Thank you very very much!!!

Now we can only hope for the Intel graphics to be supported in 10.6.7/10.7 so we can get QE/CI working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back