Contribute
Register

dyuhas' Dual-boot Bitfenix Phenom-M (mATX) Build - i7-4770K, GA-Z87MX-D3H, 16GB 2400Mhz Memory, GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dyuhas, I'm not able to send a PM since I'm new to the forum, but I wanted to express my gratitude. Several weeks ago I put together this build. I'm really loving it so far - Windows 8 for gaming, OSX for photo editing and organizing for my wife and me. I appreciate you sharing your build with the community; this was the first PC I'd ever built from scratch.

Hey! first of all i hope it will work out good for you :)

I want to buy the Prodigy M or the Phenom M, i haven't decided yet. But as both are the same in the inside i would like to see your cable management. I will definitely switch the I/O side. But where will I put the SSD and the HDD?

TOP: 2x120mm pulling air to the GPU
BUTTOM: 1x120 and the HDD or 1x230mm
BACK: Corsair H80i with 120mm fan pulling air inside

I also don't understand where dyuhas installed his ssd/hdd. can't see them :)

@KiwiHaggis: could you please post pics from your build? Including cable management. How is your airflow?

85267-guts-spilling-out-desk.JPG

I'm still waiting on this dodgy computer shop to get the replacement PSU to me.. so in the mean time I have a very low powered spare PSU running windows 7 and intel HD graphics.. so the PC isn't fully operational yet.

The Big fan is on the bottom of the case, they sent me a red one, I have H75 CPU AIO liquid cooler, the two case fans I got with the Phenom are on the top pulling hot air up(as heat rises) My 3 HDDs and SSD are on the drive mounting bracket that will obscure the view of mobo etc when its installed. I will just route all the cables as much to the edge as pos. using Velcro straps to tie them together and cable tie to sec to side of case where needed.

I'm also going to get the IR sorted(connected internally) and have the receiver peeking through the mesh on the side of the case.

More pics to follow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dyuhas'

I have a build very similar to your and everything is working fine too. The only one issue is there no audio over hdmi. Are you have the same problem?
Thanks for Your sharing, was very helpfull for my building!

About to start ordering parts to build a near identical machine

Question... Which case do you prefer having seen them in person... The prodigy or the phenom? I understand they are near identical inside

If I add two 3.5inch HDDs, will that require me to increase the PSU size?

thanks for your input

Hello,

Thanks for this inspiration for with this build, by the way.

I have a general question about the power to the CPU on this mobo.

GA-Z87MX-D3H
The PSU used on my build is a silverstone 750w Gold S-Series SST-ST75F-GS

When connecting to the ATX 12v 2x4 point on the board I could only fit 1 4 pin cable into the slot.
The Build has been working pretty well(aside from a few weird hangs and crashes here and there on the mac side. Windows side has been fine, mostly)

What am I missing out on with not having all 8 pins connected to the psu?

Also a side issue, There seems to be a buzzing coming from the speakers. Perhaps coil whine. Unnoticeable with headphones on. But tested with different speakers, with and without Gigabyte OC GeForce 770 GPU issue remains. I'm thinking its PSU thats causing the issue.

Any thoughts?

P.S. don't mean to hijack this thread with a question such as this, but I don't seem to be able to create new discussions on this site.

About to start ordering parts to build a near identical machine

Question... Which case do you prefer having seen them in person... The prodigy or the phenom? I understand they are near identical inside

If I add two 3.5inch HDDs, will that require me to increase the PSU size?

thanks for your input

Just do a search online for Power Supply Calculator - this should give you a rough guide to follow, then think about future additions to the box incase you want to 'future proof' yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back