Contribute
Register

dyuhas' Dual-boot Bitfenix Phenom-M (mATX) Build - i7-4770K, GA-Z87MX-D3H, 16GB 2400Mhz Memory, GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

You can tell that Logitech mouse(T620) works well the OSX?

Just an update on my problem (Sleep). Sleep does work correctly, and works on keyboard wake up. HOWEVER I can`t get wake on LAN to work. This is an issue for me as my system runs headless. But there you go.

Sleep works, WOL doesn`t

mareko2: Yes, I am on the F5 bios revision. I always build dual-boot machines because I'm a 20+ year Windows user. I tried two different methods for overclocking:

I'm assuming that this F5 bios is updated before any of the other OS install tasks are carried out.

Has anyone got F6 on this Z87MX-D3H board? I am awaiting my parts(including i7-4770K) just wondering if I should get it updated to F5 or F6 - Looks like dyuhas had no issues with F5. Can't seem to find more info on what benefits I'll get with F6

Usually a BIOS update has several bug fixes in addition to what Gigabyte lists as the update's enhancements. So, sometimes, it's worth upgrading. However, as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." :thumbup:

Hello,

I just ordered the same parts as you did just changed the motherboard for theGA-Z87X-UD5H and the case I toke a Fractal Design R4 do you think this parts can make a good build since the other parts are exactly the same as yours?

Thanks for Your sharing:)

Thanks for the guide, all working - about 4 hrs (My first PC build) both Win and Mac running well so far - no issues.

a few kinks along the way(its a tight fit in this case) but had to get the cables looking tidy. all the parts look upside down(logo/branding) - i've even got the side panel upsidedown(better placement of cables)

but all seems fine. good temps/i.e. the CPU substitute H75 cooler seems effective enough(I haven't got all my image editing and games running on this multibeast yet) but looking forward to it.

This site is awesome.

Thanks tonymac and co

Spoke too soon, I seem to have a non-posting/booting machine.. :'(
Was in the middle of copying data from external USB HDD to data drive in the machine. Then unexpected power off.
Tried pressing power - nothing.
Removed all power, off at PSU. Back On, nothing.
Out comes everything - so only 20+4 connected & 1 4pin connected in 8 pin atx socket on mobo,
CPU and liquid cooler( hasn't leaked )
3 fans to the 3 headers
And the buttons/leds for side panel of case..
I'm now getting power briefly, then off - no post( case doesn't have speaker )
I hope one of you gurus out there has some advice.

My thoughts are -perhaps a grounding issue(but why was it working for the last I or so hours.
Other ideas are PSU faulty or CPU has died. ( or have I wired up the machine wrong and killed it?)

- -

PSU dud / have quickly checked with a friends PSU and system is booting to bios again. PSU doesn't fit my case and can't get all the extras connected up - so will try getting a warranty/DOA replacement and see how that goes.
:yawn:

Hey! first of all i hope it will work out good for you :)

I want to buy the Prodigy M or the Phenom M, i haven't decided yet. But as both are the same in the inside i would like to see your cable management. I will definitely switch the I/O side. But where will I put the SSD and the HDD?

TOP: 2x120mm pulling air to the GPU
BUTTOM: 1x120 and the HDD or 1x230mm
BACK: Corsair H80i with 120mm fan pulling air inside

I also don't understand where dyuhas installed his ssd/hdd. can't see them :)

@KiwiHaggis: could you please post pics from your build? Including cable management. How is your airflow?

Spoke too soon, I seem to have a non-posting/booting machine.. :'(
Was in the middle of copying data from external USB HDD to data drive in the machine. Then unexpected power off.
Tried pressing power - nothing.
Removed all power, off at PSU. Back On, nothing.
Out comes everything - so only 20+4 connected & 1 4pin connected in 8 pin atx socket on mobo,
CPU and liquid cooler( hasn't leaked )
3 fans to the 3 headers
And the buttons/leds for side panel of case..
I'm now getting power briefly, then off - no post( case doesn't have speaker )
I hope one of you gurus out there has some advice.

My thoughts are -perhaps a grounding issue(but why was it working for the last I or so hours.
Other ideas are PSU faulty or CPU has died. ( or have I wired up the machine wrong and killed it?)

- -

PSU dud / have quickly checked with a friends PSU and system is booting to bios again. PSU doesn't fit my case and can't get all the extras connected up - so will try getting a warranty/DOA replacement and see how that goes.
:yawn:

You can fit the ssd in the case door (room for 2x 2.5 inch drives)

On mine I've taken the ssd tray off of the door and put it on the I/O door, which is on the mobo tray side. This allows for much better cable management imo although it is a very tight fit!!

Okay so thats what i thaught to do with my ssd. I need a normal 1TB 1HDD. Besides this I would like to use a H80i in this case and for that the Fan on the back has to inhale the cold air to cool the radiator. I just am considered about the airflow. Pictures are allways a good help for me to understand how to make the best cable management :)

So any ideas for the airflow and hdd mounting? I dont see any sense in the airflow of dyuhas build. The radiator has to get cool air and not hot air from the top.

You can fit the ssd in the case door (room for 2x 2.5 inch drives)

On mine I've taken the ssd tray off of the door and put it on the I/O door, which is on the mobo tray side. This allows for much better cable management imo although it is a very tight fit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back