Contribute
Register

Dynamic Switch iGPU and dedicated GPU on Desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ML 10.9 Desktop
CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've an i5-i4670 (HD4600) and an Radeon HD6870 with an GA-Z87-D3HP running on ML (10.8.5) with the latest Multibeast and with both Graphics cards up and running (GraphicsEnabler=No + IGPEnabler=Yes). Right now i'm using my Monitor (Dell u2440) connected to the DVI port of my HD6870.

I also have an MBP-Retina 15 and on it i'm able to dynamic switch beetween the IGPU and the dedicated GPU, are we able to do it also on a hackintosh desktop? And, if able, how should i do it (connect the monitor to the IGPU, etc).

Besides, since i'm not using DSDT files because of my MB, do i need to do any extra config to get FULL QE/CI
with my HD6870 (SSDT files or some other injection)?

Thanks in advance.
Zanonale.

Hi,

I've an i5-i4670 (HD4600) and an Radeon HD6870 with an GA-Z87-D3HP running on ML (10.8.5) with the latest Multibeast and with both Graphics cards up and running (GraphicsEnabler=No + IGPEnabler=Yes). Right now i'm using my Monitor (Dell u2440) connected to the DVI port of my HD6870.

I also have an MBP-Retina 15 and on it i'm able to dynamic switch beetween the IGPU and the dedicated GPU, are we able to do it also on a hackintosh desktop? And, if able, how should i do it (connect the monitor to the IGPU, etc).

Besides, since i'm not using DSDT files because of my MB, do i need to do any extra config to get FULL QE/CI
with my HD6870 (SSDT files or some other injection)?

Thanks in advance.
Zanonale.

As far as I know, nobody has found a way to do dynamic switching on a Hackintosh. It works on Macbook Pros because they have something special in the hardware or ROM that enables it.

Exactly you have two separate cards now, apple use a hardware solution to "mix" two graphics cards is called GMUX. This hardware is apple own solution and differs from Enduro (ATI´s solution, software based) and Optimus (Nvidia´s solution, also software based). So you can´t get a "Dynamic graphics switching" on Mac OS unless you get a real Mac.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back