Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DX58sO
CPU
990x
Graphics
2x GTS 250
Having problems with installation of Mountain Lion on DX58SO

1. the board has been stripped down to the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, and a 9400GT video card.

2. I am unable to get to installer.

3. Have tried -X and graphicsenabler=off and any combination of things including verbose boot,

4. Right before it goes to the installer screen, I get a flash of sorts on video and then the board reboots...

I have successfully installed onto a D975xBX2, but this board does not seem as smooth...

Has anyone else successfully installed Mountain Lion onto this board?

Do we need to use a particular BIOS?

Thanks in advance with anyone that can help...

If you update the BIOS to 5599, then type "-x GraphicsEnabler=no"

You should be able to get to the installer. Once installed when you reboot you need to type "-x GraphicsEnabler=no"

That's as far as I got. If I try to use Lion EasyBeast it messes up my install and I get the apple loader infinite spin.

Until Multibeast 5.0 comes out, we're pretty much stuck going into safe mode everytime we want to go onto our desktop.

If you update the BIOS to 5599, then type "-x GraphicsEnabler=no"

You should be able to get to the installer. Once installed when you reboot you need to type "-x GraphicsEnabler=no"

That's as far as I got. If I try to use Lion EasyBeast it messes up my install and I get the apple loader infinite spin.

Until Multibeast 5.0 comes out, we're pretty much stuck going into safe mode everytime we want to go onto our desktop.

@Giuse86, Thanks you so much. Updating BIOS to 5599 has worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back