Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently purchased a D-Link DWA-171 as it was on sale for ±30 EUR.
It didn't take long to find the right drivers for the little dongle, found them here
After installing a utility called "Wireless-AC Network Utility" was installed on my hackintosh, where you can connect to a network and save it to the profiles in order to auto connect at startup.

Nevertheless I miss the OS X way, I mean, it works perfect! But is there any way I can work without the utility and control it from the Airport menubar item?

Hey Mate,
Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question. But I do have a question of my own... I just bought a AC-750 and installed the Wireless-AC Network Utility and driver. The utility recognizes the device but when I try and add a network profile, I require a network key. I've tried a couple different networks. Tethering from my iPhone, I tried entering the wifi password as the key, and I tried a couple combinations for my uni network that requires a User ID and password, to no avail. Any suggestions, or do I need to return it for the bigger DWA-180, which D-Link has the driver posted for?

Cheers!

I just wanted to share that I went out and bought this DWA-171 on the strength of this post!

Glad I did.

I am running 10.9 Mavericks, and I was not able to install the 10.8 driver you pointed me to, well not the usual way anyway. I had to download Pacifist 3.0.8 and forced it to be installed. Once I added the MAC address to my access control, I was able to use WIFI on my HackBook Pro!

Thanks so much!

This is my first post on this forum. Anyways thank you for explaining how u installed on mavericks. The adapter only cost $30 at microcenter btw if anyone else is interested.

I recently purchased a D-Link DWA-171 as it was on sale for ±30 EUR.
It didn't take long to find the right drivers for the little dongle, found them here
After installing a utility called "Wireless-AC Network Utility" was installed on my hackintosh, where you can connect to a network and save it to the profiles in order to auto connect at startup.

Nevertheless I miss the OS X way, I mean, it works perfect! But is there any way I can work without the utility and control it from the Airport menubar item?

Hi guys, I just see U talking about DWA-171 on Mavericks 10.9. and U don't have any problems with that device? I'm using driver from D-Link's UK website (well any European web cause on the US website mac driver is not available) and it's for OS X 10.8 maxi. Everything works well as U're saying, just have problems with restarts (system hangs before shutdown way long time), also unable get out of sleep when dongle is connected and when accidentally pulled out from USB port it just freezes utility not possible to recover again system hangs in those conditions no restart possible just Hard reset.

Is it the same with U or I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for advice, bye...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back