Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[SOLVED] DWA-131 weird problem

Hi,

I just finished installing Mavaricks on my PC. I am using a single HDD with only Mac OS X on it, no Windows anymore.

I was using the DWA-131 USB adapter to connect to Internet wirelessly earlier. Since I coudn't find a driver for Mavericks, i decided to install the 10.8 version of the driver hoping it would work. It installed fine but on first glance it appeared it wasn't going to be working since the connection kept looping back and forth between "connected" and "disconnected".

My initial thought was the driver isn't compatible. Then I tried to connect by making my phone as a wireless hotspot and bingo, it connected immediately!

So I am guessing, the driver is going to work fine, right?

In this case, why am I not able to connect to my wireless router (It's a Dlink router), when it connects fine to my phone's hotspot? ANy suggestions?

OK, I solved the issue by removing "hanks" Realtek network kext and replacing it by "lnx2mac" kext. Although I am still wondering my USB adapter could connect so well to the android hotspot but not to the DLink router when using the former kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back