Contribute
Register

DW1830 Bluetooth not available (power saving issue?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU
Intel i7-8550U
Graphics
Intel HD620
Hello,
I have High Sierra 10.13.3 on my Dell XPS 13 9350. I have the DW1830 Wifi Card with BCM2045 Bluetooth.
After Sleep Bluetooth works for about 2-3 minutes then, if no device is attached it get's "disconnected" (in ioreg device disappears).
bt-disconnected.png

If a device is attached right after sleep, then Bluetooth works with no issue, but the same problem appears after 2-3 minutes the device disconnects.
If I have Apple AirPods connected, while the earphones are still in my ear, BT works (even if no audio is played). If I remove a headphone, and no sound is played in the other, BT probably goes into low-power state and after 2-3 minutes it's not available. A sleep-power cycle fixes it, but the problem is the same.
So, I assume issue is related to low power BT state. I attach a ioreg with the Bluetooth still working (connected on USB HS03) and everything needed from Problem Reporting. If you need something else let me know!

Also, for reference, in this Thread they are discussing about it too (on XPS 9360): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/

Attachments

• ioreg-withBT.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 220
  • debug_14212.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hello,
I have High Sierra 10.13.3 on my Dell XPS 13 9350. I have the DW1830 Wifi Card with BCM2045 Bluetooth.
After Sleep Bluetooth works for about 2-3 minutes then, if no device is attached it get's "disconnected" (in ioreg device disappears).
View attachment 314817

If a device is attached right after sleep, then Bluetooth works with no issue, but the same problem appears after 2-3 minutes the device disconnects.
If I have Apple AirPods connected, while the earphones are still in my hear, BT works (even if no audio is played). If I remove a headphone, and no sound is played in the other, BT probably goes into low-power state and after 2-3 minutes it's not available. A sleep-power cycle fixes it, but the problem is the same.
So, I assume issue is related to low power BT state. I attach a ioreg with the Bluetooth still working (connected on USB HS03) and everything needed from Problem Reporting. If you need something else let me know!

Also, for reference, in this Thread they are discussing about it too (on XPS 9360): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/
you want to:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

already done, and it's loading correctly as you can see from ioreg
also, HS03 is set as 0xFF (internal) port
I didn't see your SSDT-UIAC.aml in ACPI/patched folder

Yeah sorry, it's called SSDT-XHC :D
Thank you anyway for the answer!
This kind of thing can cause issues for people trying to help, just a bit of friendly advice :)

Hello,
View attachment 314817

If I have Apple AirPods connected, while the earphones are still in my ear, BT works (even if no audio is played). If I remove a headphone, and no sound is played in the other, BT probably goes into low-power state and after 2-3 minutes it's not available. A sleep-power cycle fixes it, but the problem is the same.

You don't even have CPU PM implemented correctly...
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Hi,
Thank you for your answer! I have a Skylake CPU su I didn't use Ssdt-pr gen. I have enabled C-States and P-States on config.plist, now I can't boot anymore, even if I deselect them on clover options. No good output is shown in verbose mode.
What exactly Do I need for CPU PM on my config?
Thank you again for all your time

Wrong.
Read the guide previously linked.
Sorry for that. Took more time to read all the guide, so I compiled and placed SSDT-XCPM.aml in ACPI/patched. System can't boot with that (see the screenshot attached). If I drop SSDT-XCMP it boots fine.

I have i7-6560U with HD530 and QHD Display. I also attach my Clover folder.

Thank you again :)

Ps. I also renamed SSDT-XHC in SSDT-UIAC ;)

Attachments

• photo_2018-02-25_19-08-55.jpg
    photo_2018-02-25_19-08-55.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 211
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back