Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm running Catalina with a DW1830 and the WiFi is working as expected but Bluetooth does not work. It doesn't show up in System Preferences or anything.

In system profiler, it shows as USB>USB3.0Bus>BCM920703 Bluetooth 4.1.

I grabbed the BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts (from rehabman) since I'm running Catalina 10.15.5 and the two other associated kexts and it nearly broke my system.

Startup became extremely slow and suddenly the WiFi wasn't working anymore and Bluetooth still wasn't recognized. I removed the kexts in a panic and restarted. While the start up time is still slow, the WiFi is back to working again.

Three questions/concerns:

1- Any ideas on what to try next for Bluetooth functionality?

2- I think somewhere along this path, I accidentally downloaded/installed the BT4LEcontinuity fix in Clover using the Kext Installer feature. Any idea where that would go and how to remove it?

3- What could cause the startup to suddenly get slow? Do I have to purge the Kext cache or something? How do?

So I'm running Catalina with a DW1830 and the WiFi is working as expected but Bluetooth does not work. It doesn't show up in System Preferences or anything.

In system profiler, it shows as USB>USB3.0Bus>BCM920703 Bluetooth 4.1.

I grabbed the BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts (from rehabman) since I'm running Catalina 10.15.5 and the two other associated kexts and it nearly broke my system.

Startup became extremely slow and suddenly the WiFi wasn't working anymore and Bluetooth still wasn't recognized. I removed the kexts in a panic and restarted. While the start up time is still slow, the WiFi is back to working again.

Three questions/concerns:

1- Any ideas on what to try next for Bluetooth functionality?

2- I think somewhere along this path, I accidentally downloaded/installed the BT4LEcontinuity fix in Clover using the Kext Installer feature. Any idea where that would go and how to remove it?

3- What could cause the startup to suddenly get slow? Do I have to purge the Kext cache or something? How do?
maybe best to try BrcmPatchRAM3 and associated updated kexts

Will give the acidanthera version a try next. Any ideas on what might have caused the lingering slow startup?
update all your kexts

boot verbose mode to see where it takes longest

maybe best to try BrcmPatchRAM3 and associated updated kexts
THANK YOU.

The Acidanthera BrcmPatchRAM collection worked perfectly. Good call on those. It also seemed to fix whatever was hanging in startup. I really do think it was associated with something connected to the BT4LTcontinuityfixup because everything was up-to-date kextwise and moving smooth. Dumped them and refreshed them anyway for good measure and startup is snappy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back