Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170I GAMING PRO AC
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 480
Hello, so the title might sound a bit silly but i got this problem and I couldn't find anything on the internet let alone of the forum.

I got my hack built and everything works great, except the bluetooth. I got DW1820A card (0x0A5C:0x6414) and the WiFi works flawlessly (almost ootb, I just had to apply brcmfix for occasional kernel panic and custom IO80211Family kext to support this card in Mojave). I got the USB DDST fix done too, the BT is on the right USB port.

I got the BT working in OS X only when I do:

shut down the PC
plug out the power cord and wait few seconds
boot into Windows first
restart the PC
boot into Mojave
BT works flawlessly

If I boot straight into OS X the BT doesn't work even though the correct firmware is loaded via the brcmrampatch2, it can also find all the devices, but when I connect my wireless keyboard it asks for the passcode to be typed, and then just cycles in connected > disconnected and can't properly make a solid connection. It can't connect to anything, while it works great once I do the windows boot.

The weirdest thing is that when I restart the PC and boot into Windows the BT behavior is EXACTLY the same, so connected > disconnected > connected > disconnected and so on...

My suspicion is that the brcmpatch loads firmware somehow wrong, while windows loads it correctly. I made sure that the firmware is the same, I even took the windows firmware file and applied it thought the brcmpatch but no luck.

Please help.

Hello, so the title might sound a bit silly but i got this problem and I couldn't find anything on the internet let alone of the forum.

I got my hack built and everything works great, except the bluetooth. I got DW1820A card (0x0A5C:0x6414) and the WiFi works flawlessly (almost ootb, I just had to apply brcmfix for occasional kernel panic and custom IO80211Family kext to support this card in Mojave). I got the USB DDST fix done too, the BT is on the right USB port.

I got the BT working in OS X only when I do:

shut down the PC
plug out the power cord and wait few seconds
boot into Windows first
restart the PC
boot into Mojave
BT works flawlessly

If I boot straight into OS X the BT doesn't work even though the correct firmware is loaded via the brcmrampatch2, it can also find all the devices, but when I connect my wireless keyboard it asks for the passcode to be typed, and then just cycles in connected > disconnected and can't properly make a solid connection. It can't connect to anything, while it works great once I do the windows boot.

The weirdest thing is that when I restart the PC and boot into Windows the BT behavior is EXACTLY the same, so connected > disconnected > connected > disconnected and so on...

My suspicion is that the brcmpatch loads firmware somehow wrong, while windows loads it correctly. I made sure that the firmware is the same, I even took the windows firmware file and applied it thought the brcmpatch but no luck.

Please help.
Hi zubojed, I have exactly the same problems, how do you solve this at last?

Hello polaris1024, so the short-term (ghetto) fix for me was to boot in windows first, everytime I power up the computer. It's annoying practice but once you are in OS X the BT works as long as you don't shut down the PC (so using sleep).

But for me this was too much of a hassle, so I bought card "BCM94352Z DW1560 06XRYC 802.11ac NGFF M2 867Mbps BCM94352 BT4.0 WiFi Wireless Network Card" on AliExpress for $25 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BCM...741.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dGqTNIB). This cards works perfectly OOTB.

Hello polaris1024, so the short-term (ghetto) fix for me was to boot in windows first, everytime I power up the computer. It's annoying practice but once you are in OS X the BT works as long as you don't shut down the PC (so using sleep).

But for me this was too much of a hassle, so I bought card "BCM94352Z DW1560 06XRYC 802.11ac NGFF M2 867Mbps BCM94352 BT4.0 WiFi Wireless Network Card" on AliExpress for $25 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BCM...741.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dGqTNIB). This cards works perfectly OOTB.

Thanks for your reply. BCM94352Z is a little expensive right now more than 40$. I am trying to retrieve the latest driver from windows which is v5803 and debug BrcmPatchRam. If this doesn't work I am gonna buy DW1560.

PS: the store u bought DW1560 is in China and I am from China :)

I got lucky, it was only $25 and it works really well :) as for the drivers - I tried to retrieve at least three different versions and non of them worked, sadly :( but maybe you will get lucky!

I got lucky, it was only $25 and it works really well :) as for the drivers - I tried to retrieve at least three different versions and non of them worked, sadly :( but maybe you will get lucky!

BCM94352Z is on the way ;) I suppose it will not work. To use BCM94352Z just need BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, no more job right?

It costs me 30$. Most of the stores sell 40$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back