• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

I purchased the parts for:
  • M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE
This is for my GA_Z97MX-Gaming 5 rig (see signature). Running 10.13.3.

I followed https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

for Wifi Method #1

for BT RehabMan Method #1

I have neither WiFi nor BT working. The USB Devices are seen in DPCIManager and IOReg. Broadcom BCM4350 for WiFi and
BCM2045A0 for BT device.

I have installed the WiFi kexts in /L/E and but if I install the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext alongside the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext the system will not boot. So to generate the debug package I had to remove the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext - in short I know it's missing.

Any suggestion on getting either WiFi or BT to work? I have attached what I believe are the necessary report files.

Attachments

• debug_DW1820A_ONE.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 186
Any suggestion on getting either WiFi or BT to work?

I have updated the OS to 10.13.4. No issues with the update. But not luck on the DW1820A WiFi or BT. Neither work.

I have attached a new dump of the report files, this time from 10.13.4

This is supposed to work right?

Attachments

• debug_DW1820A_10.13.4_TWO.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 167
I have updated the OS to 10.13.4. No issues with the update. But not luck on the DW1820A WiFi or BT. Neither work.

I have attached a new dump of the report files, this time from 10.13.4

This is supposed to work right?

Your ioreg shows WiFi at PCI0.PEG1.PEGP, AirPort drivers loaded, bsd name 'en2'.
What is the issue?

BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed correctly. Note:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7ff4e02227e0 [0x7fff8fa2baf0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - dependency 'com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore' not found.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

You forgot to install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Your ioreg shows WiFi at PCI0.PEG1.PEGP, AirPort drivers loaded, bsd name 'en2'.
What is the issue?

Yes IORegs shows that it sees it. But I can't turn ON WiFi. Turning it on doesn't do anything - no connections seen, and it stays in the OFF state.

BrcmPatchRAM kexts are not installed correctly. Note:

but if I install the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext alongside the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext the system will not boot. So to generate the debug package I had to remove the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext - in short I know it's missing.

So if I install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext I can't boot the OS. It goes all the way to the Apple Logo splash screen with the progress bar fully filled in and sits there forever. I have tried to boot Safe Mode and in Verbose Modes and no change. The only way I know of sharing a verbose boot, and the its boot log is to take a picture of the screen.

Yes IORegs shows that it sees it. But I can't turn ON WiFi. Turning it on doesn't do anything - no connections seen, and it stays in the OFF state.

Could be due to unnecessary patches for BT/WiFi in config.plist. You have quite a few of them, when no patches required.

So if I install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext I can't boot the OS. It goes all the way to the Apple Logo splash screen with the progress bar fully filled in and sits there forever. I have tried to boot Safe Mode and in Verbose Modes and no change. The only way I know of sharing a verbose boot, and the its boot log is to take a picture of the screen.

No verbose boot photo attached.

Also, your USB configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

And... your ACPI configuration has a major mistake.
It is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml!

Could be due to unnecessary patches for BT/WiFi in config.plist. You have quite a few of them, when no patches required.

I will check in a while, but pretty sure I attempted to turn on WiFi before doing all the patches, and it failed then. Is it sufficient to simply 'DISABLE' the patches? Or must I remove the patches?

And... your ACPI configuration has a major mistake.
It is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml!

Sorry to be such a NOOB, but I read your [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions
and I'm not clear if I should
  • remove the _OSI -> XOSI patches? OR
  • add SSDT-XOSI.aml ?
Which is it?

I spent some time trying to follow your USB guide, identifying, then limiting the ports, and building the SSDT-UIAC.aml. Can you give me a clue as to where I went wrong?

I will check in a while, but pretty sure I attempted to turn on WiFi before doing all the patches, and it failed then. Is it sufficient to simply 'DISABLE' the patches? Or must I remove the patches?

I would start by disabling, then remove later.
For Wifi, you only need the FakePCIID kexts, and perhaps a patch for country code (depending on your region).

Sorry to be such a NOOB, but I read your [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions
and I'm not clear if I should
  • remove the _OSI -> XOSI patches? OR
  • add SSDT-XOSI.aml ?
Which is it?

Personally, I would add SSDT-XOSI.aml. But either of the options you mention above are better than what you currently have.
(your configuration causes all _OSI calls to cause ACPI abort and sudden termination of the method that is currently executing).

I spent some time trying to follow your USB guide, identifying, then limiting the ports, and building the SSDT-UIAC.aml. Can you give me a clue as to where I went wrong?

I just looked at the portType value for the port that the BT controller is connected to.
Should be portType=2 (as BT is an internal device), but I find portType=0.

But either of the options you mention above are better than what you currently have.

I disabled the_OSI -> XOSI patch in Clover.
I re-created the USB port types in SSDT-UIAC-Z97 so that port HP23 and HP25, are port Type 2.
I found that my install of FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext had failed because of incorrect permissions when I copied it to /L/E. So when I recompiled now I put the output of the sudo kextcache -i / into the text file kext-build.txt in the attached report files.

All the changes I made AFFECTED nothing. I DON'T have WiFi working, even after several reboots. Did not yet attempt the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext again, as just concentrating on getting the WiFi to work.

Attached are all new report files and some screen shots.

Attachments

• debug_1196.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 179
I disabled the_OSI -> XOSI patch in Clover.
I re-created the USB port types in SSDT-UIAC-Z97 so that port HP23 and HP25, are port Type 2.
I found that my install of FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext had failed because of incorrect permissions when I copied it to /L/E. So when I recompiled now I put the output of the sudo kextcache -i / into the text file kext-build.txt in the attached report files.

All the changes I made AFFECTED nothing. I DON'T have WiFi working, even after several reboots. Did not yet attempt the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext again, as just concentrating on getting the WiFi to work.

Attached are all new report files and some screen shots.

I don't know why you have an XCHI->XHC rename patch. There is no XHCI device in your native DSDT. Remove from config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

You should try with _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

BrcmPatchRAM not installed correctly... obvious from kextcache:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7facc89973e0 [0x7fffb17e2af0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext - dependency 'com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore' not found.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

You might want to do a fresh install... it seems you have a lot of unneccessary kexts installed. (FileNVRAM.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, old FakeSMC, old AppleIntelE1000e.kext instead of IntelMausiEthernet.kext, EnergyDriver.kext)

No need to drop MATS. Should use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true instead.

Still you have unnecessary AirPort patches in config.plist. Remove.

You should try with _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

I did. No positive change. Now the USB does NOT see the BT device BCM2045A0, whereas before it recognized it.
Oh, I added the XOSI change into the existing SSDT-UIAC.aml and compiled it into one.

it seems you have a lot of unneccessary kexts installed. (FileNVRAM.kext, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext, old FakeSMC, old AppleIntelE1000e.kext instead of IntelMausiEthernet.kext, EnergyDriver.kext)

Those were there because this is an update from a Z77 motherboard to the Z97MX MB. I cleaned them all up and made sure that all the kexts in /Library/Extensions look good by doing

sudo kextcache -i /

and checking the log.

No need to drop MATS. Should use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true instead.

I did this, I think correctly.

Still you have unnecessary AirPort patches in config.plist. Remove.

I disabled the AirPort patches in config.plist.

To refresh. I can't turn ON WiFi and I can't enable BT. Although now I have BrcmPatchRam2.kext, and BrcmFirewareRepo.kext loaded in /Library/Extensions

Still flumixed.

Did I mention that if I boot into the Windows 10 OS partition that WiFi and BT devices work perfectly well?

Attachments

• debug_24828.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back