Contribute
Register

dw1560 will not detect 5ghz on windows, OK on osx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I realized that I was wrong, please refer to the reply above #8. Now the problem gets a bit clear. It will not detect a specific signal on windows. OSX and my phone detect well the signal.

Yes, I realized that I was wrong, please refer to the reply above #8. Now the problem gets a bit clear. It will not detect a specific signal on windows. OSX and my phone detect well the signal.

What region of the world?

I am in Korea, but while doing the 5ghz patch on OSX, I typed FR when asked country code. can you please confirm what 5ghz patch process do on OSX?? then I could guess where to start and try related work to windows...

I am in Korea, but while doing the 5ghz patch on OSX, I typed FR when asked country code. can you please confirm what 5ghz patch process do on OSX?? then I could guess where to start and try related work to windows...

I wonder if the hardware is coded for a different region...

can I change the hardware region code of my wlan(dw1560) in windows? like you did in OSX???

Now it's clear that the problem is channel. dw1560 is not getting signal from channels over 11. OSX seems to be able to enable ~13 channels by some means while windows can't. I am still finding a way to enable windows do that but there seems no way...yet

Now it's clear that the problem is channel. dw1560 is not getting signal from channels over 11. OSX seems to be able to enable ~13 channels by some means while windows can't. I am still finding a way to enable windows do that but there seems no way...yet

My guess...

Some kind of locale issue... eg. card manufactured for one regulatory domain and being used in another.

My guess...

Some kind of locale issue... eg. card manufactured for one regulatory domain and being used in another.

Basically, I agree with you, but one more weird thing is, USB wireless. It's chipset is rt2870 and is working good with OSX. it is getting the channel 13. It is manufactured in my region(Korea). Even with this, I cannot get the channel 13 on windows(tested in both 8 and 10). In advanced setting of this adapter, I can set its channel to #1(1~13); I am not sure the numbers are right but anyway there is a menu that I can select its channel range. with the right channel is selected, it will not detect the signal... ch 13 only work in OSX.

Basically, I agree with you, but one more weird thing is, USB wireless. It's chipset is rt2870 and is working good with OSX. it is getting the channel 13. It is manufactured in my region(Korea). Even with this, I cannot get the channel 13 on windows(tested in both 8 and 10). In advanced setting of this adapter, I can set its channel to #1(1~13); I am not sure the numbers are right but anyway there is a menu that I can select its channel range. with the right channel is selected, it will not detect the signal... ch 13 only work in OSX.

Maybe some sort of locale setting in Windows.

Perhaps you should search some Windows forums, especially specific to your region. This forum is for OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back