Motherboard
HP Pavilion 17-ab207ur
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1050 Mobile
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello I have DW1560 (BCM94352Z) on my laptop. Bluetooth and wi-fi works good, but I have problems with unlock with Apple Watch. When I'm enabling unlock in settings all works good. Bluetooth icon changes to connected state, passwords requests go to my watch, when I lock my Mac it also available to unlock with watch. But after sleep, reboot or just reenabling BT unlock not working. Based on AutoUnlock logs looks like my Mac see watch but auth prompt request goes to failed.
Does anybody have same issues? Or maybe possible to write some script that will turn BT off, reenable unlock in settings and turn BT on during system startup or logon?

Hello I have DW1560 (BCM94352Z) on my laptop. Bluetooth and wi-fi works good, but I have problems with unlock with Apple Watch. When I'm enabling unlock in settings all works good. Bluetooth icon changes to connected state, passwords requests go to my watch, when I lock my Mac it also available to unlock with watch. But after sleep, reboot or just reenabling BT unlock not working. Based on AutoUnlock logs looks like my Mac see watch but auth prompt request goes to failed.
Does anybody have same issues? Or maybe possible to write some script that will turn BT off, reenable unlock in settings and turn BT on during system startup or logon?

I also have a DW1560 card and I have struggled to get Wi-Fi/BT/Handoff etc. to work. Wi-Fi, BT and AirDrop now work without problems. And one by one, I've managed to get Handoff/Continuity/Instant Hotspot to work. Not always reliable or fast, but it now seems to work. However, Unlock with Apple Watch has never worked, until today (albeit temporarily ...).

What I have to do to activate Unlock (just turn it off/on doesn't work):

1. Open an application with support for Continuity, e.g. Notes
2. Choose File > Insert from iPhone > Add Sketch
3. Wait for Sketch to appear on the iPhone screen and then cancel
4. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy
5. Uncheck and check "User your Apple Watch to unlock ..."

After that I can unlock the screen and password prompts with my Apple Watch. It's like the Continuity feature initiates a connection that the Apple Watch then uses.

If I turn Unlock off/on in System Preferences, or initiate Continuity from the Watch (like opening the Maps app on the wathc, and then continue on the Mac), the watch can be used to unlock in MacOS. Unlocking padlocks, and also unlocking a locked screen.

Unfortunately, it all stops working if I leave the computer and then come back...

I read many comments about poor support for these features, and never any possible solutions. Unfortunately, it might never work well enough?

Last edited:
When it works:
Code:
  Apple Watch:
  Address:    xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
  Random Address:    Yes
  Resolvable Address:    No
  Services:   
  Paired:    No
  Configured:    Yes
  Connected:    Yes
  Manufacturer:    Apple (0x9, 0x3D30)
  Bluetooth Core Spec:    5,0
  Class of Device:    Low Energy
  AFH:    On
  AFH Map:    ffffffff1f
  RSSI:    -86
  Role:    Peripheral
  Connection Mode:    Active Mode
  Interval:    0 ms

After the connection is lost:
Code:
  Apple Watch:
  Major Type:    Miscellaneous
  Minor Type:    Unknown
  Services:   
  Connected:    No
  Class of Device:    0x00 0x00 0x0000

Then it has to be reconnected again manually for unlock to work (in my case via the annoying procedure above).

Don't know how it works on a real Mac, but I guess it should re-connect automatically?

When it works:
Code:
  Apple Watch:
  Random Address:    Yes
  Resolvable Address:    No
  Services:  
  Connected:    Yes
  Class of Device:    Low Energy
  AFH:    On
  AFH Map:    ffffffff1f
  RSSI:    -86
  Role:    Peripheral
  Connection Mode:    Active Mode
  Interval:    0 ms

After the connection is lost:
Code:
  Apple Watch:
  Major Type:    Miscellaneous
  Minor Type:    Unknown
  Services:  
  Connected:    No
  Class of Device:    0x00 0x00 0x0000

Then it has to be reconnected again manually for unlock to work (in my case via the annoying procedure above).

Don't know how it works on a real Mac, but I guess it should re-connect automatically?

Yes, it seems that watch can’t reconnect automatically because it uses cloud pair(?). It’s not visible like an ordinary bluetooth devices. I tried to connect to it with BluetoothConnector from terminal but it says than watch don’t paired despite it saved in known devices and “about this mac” window shows that it configured. No ideas how to solve it

Yes, I tried BluetoothConnector to.

But I also compared to a real Mac, and the watch actually stays disconnected all the time (checking System Information), but somehow it's communication anyway. It's clearly visible when monitoring the device with PacketLogger (Xcode aditional develeoper tools). On the Hackintosh it's very quiet, on the Mac there's constant communication. So I don't think having it connected all the time is the real fix. And maybe that would also affect the battery.

Today I found very strange workaround. I turned off bluetooth on my iPhone and watch automatically connects to my hack. unlock works, handoff with watch works. And also watch stays connected to iPhone.

How can the watch communicate with the phone if BT is turned off? If I turn off BT on my iPhone, connection to the watch is disconnected.

Today I found very strange workaround. I turned off bluetooth on my iPhone and watch automatically connects to my hack. unlock works, handoff with watch works. And also watch stays connected to iPhone.

This also works for me. However, after sleep or restart, the watch does not unlock the Hack any longer. Do you find the same behavior, or does the watch/hack unlock functionality persist? Thanks.

Maximum that I got for now - watch randomly connects after 5-10 minutes after system boot. But also not every time. I think that the root of problem in this string in console
BluetoothHCILECreateConnection returned with (0x000c)
But I don’t find any solution for this

I'm having the same problem with macOS 10.15.3 on my XPS 15 9560 with DW1560 and Watch series 5 except that mine doesn't seem to randomly reconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back