Contribute
Register

DW1560 Unlock with Apple Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on 10.15.2, watch unlock worked pretty much 99% of the times, even after sleep/wake cycle many times. After 10.15.3 update, I too am having this problem of no unlock after sleep.

What's odd is, while unlock stops working after sleep, the password tab in Safari settings continues to work. It would prompt my watch during the authentication process, and double clicking the watch button to authenticate works all the time. This suggests the watch is communicating with the Hackintosh somehow.

Can yo share your EFI folders? Or what KEXTs did you use?

When it works:
Code:
  Apple Watch:
  Address:    xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
  Random Address:    Yes
  Resolvable Address:    No
  Services:  
  Paired:    No
  Configured:    Yes
  Connected:    Yes
  Manufacturer:    Apple (0x9, 0x3D30)
  Bluetooth Core Spec:    5,0
  Class of Device:    Low Energy
  AFH:    On
  AFH Map:    ffffffff1f
  RSSI:    -86
  Role:    Peripheral
  Connection Mode:    Active Mode
  Interval:    0 ms

After the connection is lost:
Code:
  Apple Watch:
  Address:    xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
  Major Type:    Miscellaneous
  Minor Type:    Unknown
  Services:  
  Paired:    No
  Configured:    Yes
  Connected:    No
  Manufacturer:    Apple (0x9, 0x3D30)
  Bluetooth Core Spec:    5,0
  Class of Device:    0x00 0x00 0x0000

Then it has to be reconnected again manually for unlock to work (in my case via the annoying procedure above).

Don't know how it works on a real Mac, but I guess it should re-connect automatically?

i have exactly the same info

I've found the solution for my 94360 based card.

It turns out the serial port being enabled in BIOS is the culprit of the Apple Watch unlock failure after sleep.

The latest BIOS F8 doesn't have the option to disable serial port, so I had to downgrade to the previous BIOS where this option was available. After disabling serial port in BIOS, voila, AW unlock works like a real Mac.

I've found the solution for my 94360 based card.

It turns out the serial port being enabled in BIOS is the culprit of the Apple Watch unlock failure after sleep.

The latest BIOS F8 doesn't have the option to disable serial port, so I had to downgrade to the previous BIOS where this option was available. After disabling serial port in BIOS, voila, AW unlock works like a real Mac.
good for u

i would like to know wether you are using Integrated or dedicated graphics,

in another thread i read, it seems that using a dedicated graphics will case the unlock failure after sleep

good for u

i would like to know wether you are using Integrated or dedicated graphics,

in another thread i read, it seems that using a dedicated graphics will case the unlock failure after sleep
As per my hardware spec on the left, it's GPU without IGPU.
9400F (no IGPU) + RX570.
I've also found that Opencore is much more reliable than clover ever was. If you are still on Clover, that's the first thing I would try. Also proper USB is required for sleep/wake to work properly.

As per my hardware spec on the left, it's GPU without IGPU. 9400F (no IGPU) + RX570. I've also found that Opencore is much more reliable than clover ever was. If you are still on Clover, that's the first thing I would try. Also proper USB is required for sleep/wake to work properly.

Thanks for your information, i believe opencore is worth trying.
I will have a try.

Try disabling "IO Serial Port" in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back