Graphics
RX 580 Pulse 8GB & HD Graphics 530
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help me with my DW1560 WiFi/Bluetooth card issue? On Mojave Dev Beta2/3 Bluetooth is misssing whilst WiFi is ok. I have created a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext which appears to be working. All Proper patches from RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2018-0505 applied?

Thanks for any help!!

View media item 190683

Attachments

• IORegistry.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 96
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help me with my DW1560 WiFi/Bluetooth card issue? On Mojave Dev Beta2/3 Bluetooth is misssing whilst WiFi is ok. I have created a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext which appears to be working. All Proper patches from RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2018-0505 applied?

Thanks for any help!!

View media item 190683

I am not sure about the dev betas, but for the public beta, this worked for my similar type of card (AzureWave CE123H):

Go back to the set up you had working for High Sierra, ie remove the custom SSDT, the USBInjectAll kext, etc. Use Kext Beast or Kext Wizard or whatever app or manually put the BrcMPatchRam2.kext along with the firmware repo -- instead of the firmware data kext into the /system/library/extensions folder and rebuild the cache. Reboot and on my system the bluetooth fully works. It does not work out of the Clover kexts folders yet. Yet being the key here.

Notes:

1) On my older system that has explicit USB2/USB1 connectors none of this was needed, everything worked just as it does in High Sierra. Just on the newer system that only have usb3 gen 1 and usb 3 gen 2 (the names are going to be confusing for a while especially as the type c connector can be used for both 'generations').

2) None of this is needed on the newer systems either if you just plug a usb bluetooth adapter into a USB 3 port, for some reason the os decides to then load the right bluetooth driver and it again just works. Perhaps someone else knows more of why this is happening.

I am not sure about the dev betas, but for the public beta, this worked for my similar type of card (AzureWave CE123H):

Go back to the set up you had working for High Sierra, ie remove the custom SSDT, the USBInjectAll kext, etc. Use Kext Beast or Kext Wizard or whatever app or manually put the BrcMPatchRam2.kext along with the firmware repo -- instead of the firmware data kext into the /system/library/extensions folder and rebuild the cache. Reboot and on my system the bluetooth fully works. It does not work out of the Clover kexts folders yet. Yet being the key here.

Notes:

1) On my older system that has explicit USB2/USB1 connectors none of this was needed, everything worked just as it does in High Sierra. Just on the newer system that only have usb3 gen 1 and usb 3 gen 2 (the names are going to be confusing for a while especially as the type c connector can be used for both 'generations').

2) None of this is needed on the newer systems either if you just plug a usb bluetooth adapter into a USB 3 port, for some reason the os decides to then load the right bluetooth driver and it again just works. Perhaps someone else knows more of why this is happening.

Hi - thanks for responding. I opened a thread with on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...om-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/page-189 and eventually came to the same conclusion and got the card working as you described. The confusing part is that on my other hack (Z370N I3 coffee-lake) the kexts worked as normal from Clover. This hack is a Z270 i5 skylake and they had to be put in the system volumes. Horses for courses I guess!

Hi - thanks for responding. I opened a thread with on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...om-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/page-189 and eventually came to the same conclusion and got the card working as you described. The confusing part is that on my other hack (Z370N I3 coffee-lake) the kexts worked as normal from Clover. This hack is a Z270 i5 skylake and they had to be put in the system volumes. Horses for courses I guess!

Glad to hear it is working. That it works without problems on your Z370N rig is similar to it working without problems on my older Z97N rig, both use dedicated connectors (yours is a M2, mine is a miniPCIe) that handle the USB handoff differently than do the pci slot adapter that connects to onboard usb headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back