Contribute
Register

DW1560 bluetooth on Catalina 10.15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this issue too, however, I found that if I place BrcmPatch3.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext in /Library/Extensions with Inject Kexts=Detect in config.plist, it is not working.
(Bluetooth Preference Pane just hanged and not responsive)

If I place the above 3 kexts place in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other with Inject Kexts=Yes, the bluetooth works again.

That worked for me.
Thanks a lot.

I have all BT working again on Catalina 10.15.2 with a Dell 7548 and DW1560 card using the updated BT kexts from revised BT kexts for Catalina

BrcmPatch3.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext installed in C/K/O

I have a 1560 card on my Z370 rig with vendor ID 0x0a5c and device ID 0x6414. System report under USB shows as BCM2045AO and Bluetooth Lenovo 4350C5.

With Catalina 10.15.2 I have tried just about every suggested combination of putting BrcmPatchRAM3, Injector and Data Kexts into clover/other and/or L/E and most of the time, only firmware 4096 loads and BT shows but won’t connect. I briefly had it working with a 5xxx firmware but this subsequently failed.

On Acidethera’s Github BrcmPatchRAM repo, there is a recent update which adds this specific device and vendor IDs to the PatchRAM kext but it’s not been released yet. If anyone is able to compile this (version 2.5.1) from the repo or guide me how to, it would be hugely appreciated as this might be a solution to my problem.

Also any other advice gratefully received. Thanks!

I have a 1560 card on my Z370 rig with vendor ID 0x0a5c and device ID 0x6414. System report under USB shows as BCM2045AO and Bluetooth Lenovo 4350C5.

With Catalina 10.15.2 I have tried just about every suggested combination of putting BrcmPatchRAM3, Injector and Data Kexts into clover/other and/or L/E and most of the time, only firmware 4096 loads and BT shows but won’t connect. I briefly had it working with a 5xxx firmware but this subsequently failed.

On Acidethera’s Github BrcmPatchRAM repo, there is a recent update which adds this specific device and vendor IDs to the PatchRAM kext but it’s not been released yet. If anyone is able to compile this (version 2.5.1) from the repo or guide me how to, it would be hugely appreciated as this might be a solution to my problem.

Also any other advice gratefully received. Thanks!
I've compiled it for you.

Mattia

Attachments

• BrcmPatchRAM.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 408
I have found that there is an entry in nvram named bluetoothActiveControllerInfo. This might be the reason why bluetooth works again after I reset nvram (nvram -c). I suggest doing sudo nvram bluetoothActiveControllerInfo = “” after updating bluetooth kexts.

If you see "Firmware = v14 c4096" in About this Mac, you're firmware didn't update the BT card. DW1560 downloads firmware upon every boot. Rehabman and AcidAnthera explain this on their GitHub readme in the beginning (RAMUSB). In short:

BrcmFirmwareData: loads upon boot
BrcmPatchRam3: uploads firmware
BluetoothInjector: injects info to macos

You need these 3 to properly load BT and upgrade firmware. This is why when you login to Windows or Linux, then restart onto MacOS, you get Bluetooth working properly. It's the RAMUSB firmware that got updated in Windows or Linux. Turn off your computer, login to MacOS, you're connectivity issue will be back.

Hi. I've got the DW1560, but I can't seem to get BT to work, it won't show in IOReg or in System Information.

I'm injecting BrcmPatchRAM3.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext with Clover.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.3 MB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back