Contribute
Register

DVD-RW Drive for Mavericks Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look in the left bottom corner of window your 2 dvd-rw models are seen the same as my lite-on… Burn Support: Unsupported
it seems that they work indipendently from how disk utility recognizes the devices

Have you used your optical drive yet - it should be working just as Going Bald describes. There are many people using the Liteon iHAS124 drive without problems.

Adrian B

Have you used your optical drive yet - it should be working just as Going Bald describes. There are many people using the Liteon iHAS124 drive without problems.

Adrian B

All of a sudden, iDVD decided it wanted to burn DVDs after I did a clean install of Mavericks... I did this with my original ASUS DVD-RW drive, not the Sony Optiarc, that one was returned after I discovered it showed the same status as the ASUS drive. I hadn't actually tested it since I was on Mountain Lion, but I am extremely glad that it works, now I can finally stop using the 20-inch Core 2 Duo iMac my family owns, simply to burn my discs! It's a total pain, so I'll be glad to use my hackintosh.

All of a sudden, iDVD decided it wanted to burn DVDs after I did a clean install of Mavericks... I did this with my original ASUS DVD-RW drive, not the Sony Optiarc, that one was returned after I discovered it showed the same status as the ASUS drive. I hadn't actually tested it since I was on Mountain Lion, but I am extremely glad that it works, now I can finally stop using the 20-inch Core 2 Duo iMac my family owns, simply to burn my discs! It's a total pain, so I'll be glad to use my hackintosh.

I am glad that you optical drive is now working and letting you do all your work from a single computer.

Adrian B

Hi,
I'm in the "market" for this part too.
You say this one ... works good, right?
http://www.amazon.com/Internal-Optical-Drive-DRW-24B3ST-BLK/dp/B0056UV96I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404345797&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+DVD+Burner+Black+SATA+Model+DRW-24B3ST%2FBLK%2FG%2FAS

Do I need to keep in mind I'm going to use a z89 ?

I'm two days new here. Mercy please !:oops:

Hi,
I'm in the "market" for this part too.
You say this one ... works good, right?
http://www.amazon.com/Internal-Optical-Drive-DRW-24B3ST-BLK/dp/B0056UV96I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404345797&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+DVD+Burner+Black+SATA+Model+DRW-24B3ST%2FBLK%2FG%2FAS

Do I need to keep in mind I'm going to use a z89 ?

I'm two days new here. Mercy please !:oops:

I just installed a http://www.amazon.com/HP-1265i-Internal-DVD-Writer/dp/B00HWFOR7I/ in a build and it works just fine. Sleep/wakes no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back