Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
DVD player closes when it tries to start... I am running 10.6.8 and the graphics card is a ati radeon 5770..... any one have any suggestions?

Re: DVD Player won't start? Help

Can you run geek bench?

open terminal and type ioreg | grep ATY and post the result.

In system profile graphics/displays, what is the system identify your graphic card as?

My video card is 5770. It shows ID as ati5000. I need a frame buffer I believe. But I don't know which one. Vervet and graphicenabler=yes stopped my hdmi port from displaying a signal.

Hdmi works when I run graphicsenabler=no.

GraphicsEnabler=YES you will have proper frame buffer = VERVET and everything works as it should be for 5770 card. (HDMI not working in your case)

The problem is you are trying to use HDMI port and had to switch to GraphicsEnabler=No
GE=No will result in no proper frame buffer loaded and your DVD player crash and display profile = ATI Radeon 5000 (not 5770).

i have Powercolor PCS+ 5770 currently running 2 monitors via DVI. I do not have HDMI device to test..so I cannot confirm.

BTW, are you just trying to achieve Video via HDMI or both Video + Audio?
Have a read here for Audio..(if interested) viewtopic.php?f=162&t=22031

Re: DVD Player won't start? Success with No HDMI

ijhu said:
GraphicsEnabler=YES you will have proper frame buffer = VERVET and everything works as it should be for 5770 card. (HDMI not working in your case)

The problem is you are trying to use HDMI port and had to switch to GraphicsEnabler=Yes
GE=No will result in no proper frame buffer loaded and your DVD player crash and display profile = ATI Radeon 5000 (not 5770).

i have Powercolor PCS+ 5770 currently running 2 monitors via DVI. I do not have HDMI device to test..so I cannot confirm.

Thank you for your replys!! Your help has been awesome! :thumbup:

Just Video for now but will be looking for the Audio as well :crazy:

I am running on dvi right now and everything is working great as far as the dvd player.

AtiConfig=Vervet is what i am using and have placed it into my boot.plist

Im wondering why the HDMI shuts down with the graphicsenabler=Yes

So I'm kind of confused at what to do with the HDMI connection?

Thanks again! :D

Re: DVD Player won't start? Success with No HDMI

hackintoshx86 said:
ijhu said:

The problem is you are trying to use HDMI port and had to switch to GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I am running on dvi right now and everything is working great as far as the dvd player.

Forget the HDMI. :lol:

Re: DVD Player won't start? Success with No HDMI [SOLVED]

Mate94 said:
hackintoshx86 said:
ijhu said:

Forget the HDMI. :lol:

I can see some people have HDMI working but with no audio....

Can i use Graphics enabler=no and still have the frame buffer load if it is my boot.plist?

Would DVD player still work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back