CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys my DVDPlayer doesn't work with Yosemite? First I thought maybe my QE/CI is disable but I checked my Chess and Dashboard working well. Im getting this error down below;

Im using Clover by the way.

kT4zFs5.png

Hi guys my DVDPlayer doesn't work with Yosemite? First I thought maybe my QE/CI is disable but I checked my Chess and Dashboard working well. Im getting this error down below;

kT4zFs5.png

If you have a USB attached cd drive, you need to modify the binary so that it passes the check for that.

1. cp /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback to your desktop
2. Download a hex editor
3. Open the file you copied in hex editor and replace all instances of the word "Internal" with "External" (I only had one instance in my binary).
4. Backup /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback.
5. Copy the modified binary back to /System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A/DVDPlayback
6. Try DVD Player.

I tried and it doesnt work. Im getting still same error.

kT4zFs5.png
I had this error, and I solved when installed this kext... AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext. My operative system is Yosemite 10.10.2
View attachment AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.zip

Thank you, my external superdrive weren´t recognised and installing this kext solved.
You are a master :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back