Graphics
GTX 760 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This has been covered before in older posts, but this is a new issue for me. I vividly recall seeing the "Eject" button in the upper menu before updating to 10.10.1. I just went to watch and rip a DVD and I get the dreaded "not recognized" error with DVD Player. My system seems to recognize the drive and of course the DVD shows on my desktop. I double checked and reinstalled my Multibeast settings to ensure I enabled 3rd Party SATA without change. I replaced the kext file with one suggested on here without change. I have no idea why this isn't working.

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 1.39.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-27 at 1.44.15 PM.png

My only guess is that for some reason it doesn't like the Marvell controller. I can try to swap to the Intel SATA 2 port on my board, but I don't see why this would work.

No replies? Is this such a common issue that I'm being stupid and not seeing the answer? The solutions posted that I've tried have not worked. What am I missing?

I guess I'll keep replying to my own post with updates. We have some outdated iMacs at school that are about to be replaced and I was going to burn a DVD today and realized that it also does not recognize the DVD drive. Perhaps this is a system version issue not recognizing older units. The iMac I'm on is 8.1 and I think my home Hackintosh is listed as a Mac Pro 3.1.

Is anyone else having this issue? I may try to update my system version and see if this helps. I assume it's because these machines were never designed to work with Mavericks, even though they are compatible.

Edit: The iMac recognized the Superdrive after a restart. Apparently this is not the issue. :|

I guess I'll keep replying to my own post with updates. We have some outdated iMacs at school that are about to be replaced and I was going to burn a DVD today and realized that it also does not recognize the DVD drive. Perhaps this is a system version issue not recognizing older units. The iMac I'm on is 8.1 and I think my home Hackintosh is listed as a Mac Pro 3.1.

Is anyone else having this issue? I may try to update my system version and see if this helps. I assume it's because these machines were never designed to work with Mavericks, even though they are compatible.

I see that you have the drive connected to a Marvell SATA port - Move it to an Intel port.

Good Luck

I see that you have the drive connected to a Marvell SATA port - Move it to an Intel port.

That was something I was thinking as well. Not sure why I haven't tried this yet. I'll test it tonight. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back